Oscar, I Love You!

I woke up in the hospital with people all around me as they were wheeling me down the hall in a stretcher.

I saw my mom, tori, some nurses.... And Cameron.

Our eyes met and he smiled a little. I just looked around. I was still dizzy and disorientated. I was still in pain but it was faint.

When we went into the room I was put in, I knew what kind of room it was. A delivery room.

The nurses gave me pain medication and put an IV in my arm. Then they hooked up some machines to see where the baby was.

The doctor rushed in at that moment.

Dr: how far along is she?

Nurse: a little more than 5 months.

Dr: ok.....

He put gloves on and a mask. Then he looked at me.

Dr: ok, we are going to make this as painless as possible. You need to start pushing when we say go and hold it for ten seconds, ok?

I wasn't able to speak for some reason so I nodded.

Nurse: ok here we go, PUSH!

I started pushing as hard as I could. I could feel the baby now. My appointment to find out the baby's sex was tomorrow. I don't know what it is yet.

I stopped pushing and rested for 30 seconds.

Dr: ok, portably two more pushes and it will be out! Your doing so good!

Nurse: PUSH!

I started pushing again. I really felt the baby now! I stopped pushing and rested and pushed again until the baby was out.

Dr: it's a boy! A little baby boy!

All of the nurses came and took him away. He had to be put in the NICU. He was 4 months premature.

A few hours went by.... I was exhausted! I looked around the room at my mom by my side, tori by her and cam at my other side, holding my hand... I knew from that moment, we were back together!

Ella: mom?

Mom: yeah?

Ella: his name is Oscar.

Mom: that is perfect! Oscar....

Ella: tori?

Tori: yeah?

Ella: I'm sorry

Tori: me too!

I smiled at looked over at Cam. He was just smiling.

Ella: hi

Cam: hi

Ella: mom, tori, can I talk to Cam alone please?

Mom: sure sweetie! Lets go tori.

They walked out of the room and went to the cafeteria.

Cameron: I'm really sorry, I was such a jerk and didn't let you say anything... I should've never let that rumor get to me.

Ella: I forgive you. But I am sorry too, I should've not come to school yet...

Cam: it's not your fault! It's Chris's!

Ella: your right....

************************************

That night was very long! Just thinking about Oscar hooked up to all those machines made shivers go down my spine. Mom stayed all night with me, tori went home and so did Cam because they had school tomorrow.

I had fallen into a very light sleep. Whenever Mom's chair where she was sleeping made a squeaking noise when she moved, I sat straight up, saying,

Ella: WHAT HAPPENED?!

Mom: it's okay, everything is fine!

And I would fall back asleep. That happened all night....

That morning, I woke up at 8 AM, instead if 6:30 AM to go to school. My mom was reading a magazine when she saw I was awake.

Mom: hey! How ya feeling today?

Ella: tired, hungry, exhausted, everything is achy!

Mom: that's normal! The doctor said at 10 they're going to to 2 more tests for you and you can go see Oscar!

Ella: YAY! Have you seen him?

Mom: no but I'm going with you to see him!

The room was silent until mom started talking again.

Mom: I take it your keeping him?

Ella: I want to...

Mom: if you want to then you are! I will help you every step of the way!

Ella: thanks mom! Even with supplies like diapers and food and stuff?

Mom: yup! Its all on me!

I laughed a little bit. We kept talking about what to do if the baby does this and that and remembering memories from when I was little and a baby and stuff. We talked for so long that it was 10 when we were interrupted by the doctor.

Dr: hi Ella! Your looking very well to have just delivered a baby yesterday!

I just smiled.

Dr: well, the tests are going to be blood pressure and how your heart is beating because you lost about 30% of your blood yesterday. We will start with your blood pressure.

He took the arm rap and placed it on my arm and it began squeezing. My blood pressure was fine which to the doctor was very good.

He checked how fast my heart was beating and how it was doing and everything was normal. The tests had only taken about 15 minutes so I got to see Oscar quicker than I thought.

I had to be in a wheelchair for transportation because I still couldn't walk yet. We went to the NICU nursery and the nurse showed me where Oscar was.

He was small.... Very small... That's the first thought that went through my head. He had breathing tubes up his nose, the little mask to protect his eyes, things rapped around his fingers every body part seemed to be hooked up with something and he was encased in this clear dome.

I felt extremely guilty, even though it wasn't my fault I got pregnant at such a young age.

I couldn't hold him yet, not until he was 1 month old/ 6 months. My mom held my hand when I realized tears were going down my face.

I smiled. I'm a mother. I thought in my head,

**ella: hi Oscar! I'm your mommy! I will love you forever and ever! I will be there for you and care for you as much as you would with a dad! Your daddy isn't here and never will be because he's bad... I don't want you to be like him... Cameron might be your step daddy though! He will love you just as much as I love you! Oscar, I love you!**

I whispered that last part and mom hugged me.

I smiled as I stared at him through the glass. I sat there for about 3 an a half hours watching he nurses feed him and care for him.