Chapter 16

Keith's P.O.V

The air's really getting tense...Why won't they stop staring at me?! I saw Cody and his friend walking towards us...I can't help but notice his eyes...It's not the usual warm and cozy feeling,I-It's different...He's kinda giving Mike a hard, cold stare...I just faked a smile at him and his company...

Cody: (fake smiles) Hey Mike...Mind if we join in?

Mike: (gives me a questioned look) Y-yeah...sure

Cody: Umm...This is Zendaya Coleman...(holds her hand) My g-girlfriend...

Zendaya: (smiles) Nice to meet you...

Me: I'm Keith...(smiles) Nice to meet you too..

Just saying the word girlfriend, my chest suddenly tightens and it hurts so bad...I don't know why but I tried to stay normal...

Me: And this is Mike...(points at him)

Mike: Which is now gonna grab some mocha latte for my princess..(kisses my cheek) Wait here...(walks away)

After seeing this,Cody looked away...He looks up then back at me with a fake smile on his face...Zendaya and I began to talk with different things..She seems kinda cool and nice....I'm guessing we could be friends...We were interrupted by Zendaya's phone buzzing like crazy...She excused herself and ran outside to get the call..Which means I'm left alone with Cody in front of me and Greyson staring at me...I began to shift awkwardly and played the straw with my hands...

Cody: So...umm...How are you and Greyson?

Me: No progress...I think he's still mad at me or something...

Cody: Oh....(looks down)

Another awkward silence....

Me: So umm..since when did you have a girlfriend?

Cody: J-Just a week ago...I-I was gonna introduce her to you guys but umm-her schedule's kinda rambled...Yeah, that's it...

Me: Oh...(looks down)

Another awkward silence...AGAIN...

Cody: So you and Mike huh? Since when?

Me: Y-Yesterday...He kinda caught me by surprise...(looks away)

Cody: I-Is he the one?

I stopped playing the straw and looked away...I bit my cheek since I don't know what to say....

Me: I-I don't know...

Cody: (sighs) Well whatever your answer is...I just wanna say that I'm very (pauses) h-happy for you...(fake smiles)

Me: Cody I-

Mike: (walks in and put mocha latte in front of me) Here's your order ma'am...(smiles)

Me: (smiles weakly) Thanks...I'll pay you later...

Mike: Oh please...It's all on me...(smiles) (pinches my cheek)

Me: (giggles) Ow..

Zendaya: (walks in) Oh..I'm really sorry about that...Mom just called...

Me: It's okay...(smiles)

Cody: (stands up) We better get going (holds Zendaya's hand)

Zendaya: Not yet (squeezes hand) How about we double date?

Me: Uhmm-uh (sweats like crazy) Sure

Mike: (confused look) Sounds great... (smiles)

Cody: (looks away) Cool, I guess