Chapter 20

Cody's P.O.V

I was running after Keith..Wow..she's a fast runner...After I got out of the cave, I lost sight of her...Great, just great....I looked around and saw no sign of her...I let out a big sigh and just walk my way home...When I opened the door, I saw Christian and Alli happily talking, which seems like flirting, on the living room...

Me: Ahemm...

Christian: Cody..(smiles)

Alli: Hey, brother...(smiles)

Me: Umm...Listen Alli, have you seen Keith head home?

Alli: No..Why?

Me: Nothing...Christian can I talk to you alone? 

Christian: (stands up) Sure...(looks at Alli) I'll be right back..

We went outside..Christian suddenly gave me those I'ts-not-what-you-think looks...

Christian: (blushing) Umm...If it's Alli, I tell you..I'm not making a mov-

Me: No..It's not about that...

Christian: (puzzled) Oh? Umm..then what is it?

Me: It's Keith...

Christian: What about her?

Me: We uh-kissed...

Christian: Dude, that's the second time...(smiles) But wait...Alli said you got a girlfriend...

Me: Yeah...A fake one actually...But she ended it earlier...

Christian: So, what seems to be the problem about that?

Me: It's just that she ran away from me...and

Christian: Hmm..(crosses arms) Speaking of the angel there she is...(points at Keith walking down the street) 

Me: Uhmm-uh...What should I tell her?

Christian: Anything!! (pushes me) Just go...

I stumbled on the sidewalk and glared at Christian...I bit my lip as I stand and went to greet Keith...She looks startled and bothered...I saw Greyson running after her from a distance...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keith's P.O.V

Greyson keeps asking me what's wrong? What's bothering you? I just walk past him and start my way towards home...I know my life is mess..But they're my bestfriends..and I love them...But I don't wanna hurt them anymore so I need to stay away...Someone grab my wrist...at first I thought it was Greyson but it turns out to be Cody...

Me: C-Cody?

Cody: I'm sorry about earlier...I-I wasn't thinking...

Me: J-Just leave me alone...

Greyson: (panting) Cody?! You did this?

Cody: What the hell is your problem?

Greyson: It's your fault that's why she's out of her mind lately, don't you?

Cody: What's it to you, anyway?

Greyson: Because I care about her!! 

Me: G-Guys, stop it...

Cody: You're just jealous cause she spends more time with me !!

Greyson: Why would I be jealous if I can have her all to myself anytime I want to !!

Cody: Why you-!! (pins Greyson on the tree)

My voice was trembling...They're fighting because of me...I can't stand it anymore...I inch my way between them and hold their chest ...I pushed them away from each other....Greyson's face was red wtih anger, so is Cody...They began to send glares at each other...I broke down on the sidewalk and cried...Their faces softened as they comfort me...

Me:(sobs) W-Why?

Greyson: K-Keith...I-I'm really sorry...

Cody: Y-Yeah...Me too..

Me: W-Why (sobs) do you fight? We're bestfriends...we should be hanging out and having some fun..nut instead your here punching your faces out....(sobs)

Greyson: I-It's because...(looks away)

Cody: Uhmm a-(looks away)

Greyson and Cody: I'm in love with you

My eyes went wide from disbelief...My bestfriends...love me? This is a dream right? This gotta be a dream...I know I'll wake up any minute now...Please let it be a dream...

Me: W-What?

Greyson: You're more than my bestfriend, Keith...

Cody: You're the most important person in my life...

Me: Uh...Greyson, Cody....

Cody: So, Here's the moment we've been waiting for....

Greyson: Which one of us would you pick?

I was staring at the floor blankly...I can't...I really can't...

Me: I-I can't just choose one of you then hurt the other one....I can't take the risk of losing our friendship with this one...I don't wanna choose...

I hugged them tight and began to cry again...It's like the pain in my chest left me...

Me: I love you, guys (sobs) You're the best friends a girl could ever ask for...and I don't wanna hurt the both of you...

I pulled away and saw them with gloomy faces...I'm really sorry...but I can't...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greyson's P.O.V

I was hurt yet good at the same time...I was beginning to lose hope when I saw her smile...She smiled even though she's crying...even though she's in pain...even though she's hurt...I smiled back and before I knew it, tears began to fell on my cheeks...Cody was crying too...He must've recognized it too...

Keith began to move forward and gave us a kiss on the cheek...She bit her lip and wiped her face with her handkerchief...Then she gave us a smile that wared our hearts...

Keith: I want you guys to move on...Find someone who'll love you more...because I'll find one myself too..(smiles weakly) Bye (walks away)

We watched her as she went inside her house...Cody leaned beside the tree and looked at the sky...

Cody: it's hard..

Me: Hard?

Cody: Hard to move on...

Me: I know...(chuckles) It's impossible...After all those years...

Cody: Uh-huh...(sighs)

Me: (patted his back) I'm sorry...I just thought tha-

Cody: (chuckles) It's okay...Anger took control of me...

We both shared a laugh and went on our seperate ways...I love Keith...But I have to face the facts...I need to move on...