Chapter 27

Keith's P.O.V

I was just staring at the window when I had another unusual flashback that suddenly passed on my mind.I think it was 2 years ago...

*FLASHBACK*

I was sitting on the tire swing with Greyson standing next to me...It was a very hot summer so we stayed on our tree so that we could still feel the cool breeze...I took a quick glance at Greyson and caught him staring me...He quickly looked away wtih his face like a beet and covered his face...I just laughed at him...He started laughing too then held my hand which in return I squeezed back...

Greyson: Hey...uh...uhmm... can I? uh...just nevermind..

Me: What is it?

Greyson: Y-You know what happened on New Year's eve...

Me: Hmm..What about New Year's eve?

Greyson: Y-You know...the k-k-kiss (looks away)

Me: Oh...(looks down) What about the kiss?

Greyson: N-Nothing...

Me: Are you bothered by it? If so...I'm really sorry (squeezing his hand)

Greyson: It's totally fine really...(blushing) It's just...Can I-uh...(scratches back of his head)

Me: (stands up) Oh now I get it...(laughs) You want to?

Greyson: Umm...(whispers) Yes..

Sometimes I don't get that guy...I mean seriously...I took a step closer and held both of his hands...He leaned forward and crashes his lips to mine...I kissed back and moved my hands over his neck...We both pulled away only with his face even more redder...weird

Greyson: T-Thanks...(blushing madly)

Me: That's what friends are for,right? (smiles)

His face suddenly dropped then he looked down...

Greyson: Yeah, Friends...

After that his expressions were different but we still had fun...

*END OF THE FLASHBACK*

My thoughts were interrupted by my phone vibrating...Hmmm...Greyson...What does he want now?

To: Keith

Meet me at da swngs
today...

From: Greyson

Alli: Hmm...Greyson huh?

Me: (looked behind me) A-Alli...ever heard about privacy?

Alli: Sorry, I was just passing by...(laughs then sit next to me)

Me: Passing by, you mean reading my message? (arms crossed)

Alli: Sorry (raise hands) I was just gonna surprise you cause you were staring at the window blankly...

Me: Oh that...just a quick flashback...

Alli: Quick, you mean 20 minutes...is that quick for you?

Me: Oh come on...Alli you are totally both- (stands up) Know what? I'll just meet Greyson now...

Alli: Suit yourself...(laughs)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greyson's P.O.V

I was leaning my back against the tree and closed my eyes...Memories huh? Why do they have to fade away so fast...My thoughts were interrupted by someone calling me...Oh she's here...I walked down to greet her a hug.

Me: Hey...(smiles)

Keith: Hey (smiles)

Me: Come on...Let's go sit there

I led Keith to the tree where it has a tire swing in it...We use to hang out and play here until sunset but that was a long time ago...We never did visit this place again when we're at this age...

The usual, Keith sat on the tire while I lean my back against the tree...The air is so cool as it softly passed by,the sun was shining like it was really summer...I closed my eyes as I try to recall the memories that we had over the past years...

Keith: Grey, What do you want me here for?

Me: (opens eyes) Nothing...

Keith: (chuckles) As always, huh?

Me: I just figured, We've never gone to this place for a long time...This use to be our spot

Keith: Until now it is...(stands up) If the carvings are still here...

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...I climbed the tree to check out the carvings that we made when we're little...I gently chuckled as I saw that after all these years, it's still here...

Me: Found it...You should get up here so that you could take a bett-

Keith: Wow...it's still here..(sits beside me)

Me: Uh-nevermind...

Keith: G+K F4ever....(chuckles) I miss this...

I couldn't help but stare at her...It's been a while since I saw her up close...

Me: I miss you...

Keith looked at me puzzingly...Oh gosh did I just said it out loud?!

Me: I-I mean...I-I was j-just...s-sometimes I s-sa-

Keith: (chuckles) I miss you too...(smiles)

Me: Cool...(blushing)

Then it shot through my head...New Year's eve...How can I forget?! I began to feel heat on my face...I think I know what's happening...

Keith: What's wrong? You feeling okay?

Me: I-I'm fine...I just remembered something...

Keith: Like what?

Me: N-New year's eve...(blushing)

Keith: Oh, that...(smiles) Memories...

Me: They fade away so fast...

Keith: Yeah...

I gently tucked her hair beside her ear...She gently smiled at me making me blush harder...We began to stare at each other's eyes and lean...our lips met making my heart beat faster...We both pulled away still looking at each other's eyes when I knew it was all too sudden so I quickly looked down as I played on my shoes...

Keith: That was random...(looks down)

Me: Y-Yeah...

A long awkward silence...

Me: I don't wanna be friends anymore...

Keith: Oh..(looks down) I'm sorry...

Me: No what I meant was, I don't wanna be friends anymore, I want something more but if you think that you want us to be enemies, please don't think like that, I don't wanna be friends but I want us to be friends and-

Keith: (holds my shoulder) Greyson....

Me: W-Wha?

Keith: I didn't catch up...just relax and say it loud and clear...

Me: Will you be my girlfriend?

Keith: ...