Chapter 1: My Life

PLAY SAD BEAUTIFUL TRAGIC BY TALOR SWIFT NOW!!!!

Note: This was my first time EVER writing a story! Later on you may see spelling, as well as grammar errors and the plot might not always make cense. I hope you all understand and keep reading, thank you all. <3

One more thing, I have another book called 'Love Can't Tear us Apart' it's a JeromeASF fanfic :) I just published it so go check it out! I'm giving the fluffy the spotlight ;) so yea make sure to go vote and comment on the new book! ^O^ and well that's it :) enjoy!!!~*~*~*~*~

•EDITED 1-4-16

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Valerie's P.O.V*

When you imagine of a family, you think about a beautiful bond that the parents have with their children. A strong bond that can never be broke. Some families are just like that; others could care less about treating their child as even human. To me, I feel trapped like a long owned little slave. You see, I can't quite remember the last time I felt love from my own mother.

When I was eight years old, my parents got divorced. Soon after the divorce my mother started drinking everyday, and soon becoming an alcoholic. Every time she thought about my dad she would take out her anger on me. My older brother Cody would protect me and take the hits for me. He was my protecter, my hero. My mother loved to crush my self-esteem, to the point that it was daily. She would physically abuse me, either placing my hand on the stove, hitting me with any object she could find or even throwing me out the house in cold winter nights. She's also always told me what she really though of me, saying things like:

"You're worthless!"

"I wish you were never born!"

"No boy will ever want you!"

"You're a shitting little ugly whore!"

I would lock myself in my room and cry for hours and hours. I lived in fear that one day my mother would cross the line and end my life. Sometimes I would go to extremes and cut myself, it just relieved the pain that I had inside.

Cutting was the only way I made myself feel better, I enjoyed the pain. Most of the time I wanted to die, yeah I know. I tried committing suicide a couple of times before, but failed. Sometimes I wonder if I would ever escape this living hell I call home...

~*~

*PRESENT TIME*

I rushed to my room, feeling her steps behind me; she was fast. I hurried and open my door as fast as I could, locking it before she could get an advantage on me. I sat in the corner of my room, hearing the slams the door made as she screamed, demanding for the door to be opened. I sat there, in fear. I was freezing cold, my whole body was wet, my hair all frizzy and my last pair of clothes all soaked.

Earlier today she wanted me to cook for her again, she couldn't be bother to cook for herself, as if denying to feed me wasn't already enough. I ended up spilling some water on the floor, at an attempt to clean up my own mess she decided to punish me. She grabbed my wrist tightly, pulling me to the backyard and grabbing the hose just so she could spray me with water and then processed to throw a rock at me, yes a rock, that's right. I had a huge bruise on my right arm, it's not like it's the only bruise on my body.

She though that wasn't enough, she tried to apprehend me but I wanted to defend myself. I kicked her hard enough for her lose her grip over me, I took the chance and ran to my room as fast as I could.

Now, after the banging stopped I went on to change my clothes, even though they were a little bit used but it didn't quite matter because she barely ever lets me wash my clothes anyways.