Chapter XIV

"How did he even end up here? How the hell does he know which town you moved in to or which school you're even going to? There are hundreds and thousands of schools here in this town and he happens to find the right one?"

Amelia kept on talking and asking questions about Levi's sudden visit. I didn't talk about my past that much but I did mention it to her last time when we were out, grabbing a bite after school, probably a week ago or two.

I'm actually surprised that she's surprised.

"I know. It's so weird," I said.

"You want to know what else is weird? Cayden sitting here at our lunch table when he should be sitting at the jocks table," Amelia said, taking a bite at her sandwich as she directed her gaze at Cayden as Cayden took a bite of his apple and exchanged gazes with Amelia.

"It's so sad how you're stereotyping me, just because I'm a jock," Cayden said making Amelia roll her eyes.

"I mean like, you've been following Hailey for almost 5 hours already. What do you want from her?" Amelia asks, "Look, I may not know you too well but I can see you from where I sit at the cafeteria and we have the same classes for the past few years and you never sit at any lunch table, except the jocks lunch table."

"Cut me some slack, would ya? I would highly appreciate that," Cayden says as he continues eating, "And I'm just here for Hailey. I saw how uncomfortable she was earlier when that asshole approached her and it looked like she wanted to burst into tears by just seeing him."

It does look weird when a football player decides to sit down at your lunch table. It doesn't happen very much, especially in romantic comedy movies that I used to watch when I was young.

Every single person in this cafeteria has been turning their heads at us ever since we step foot of this cafeteria, even earlier when we were in the hallway, talking about what happened. It's as if Brendon Urie from Panic! At the Disco was here.

I hate it when I've been put into the spotlight and I'm trying to avoid that, but it seems like the spotlight has been following me or yet, I was born to be an issue. Everyone was eager on Cayden's whereabouts. And come to think of it--he's the spotlight.

He's the epitome of a celebrity.

"Earth to Hailey, do you want me to drive you to your destination?" Amelia asks as I snapped out of my thoughts and gave her a questioning look.

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at her, "Destination?" I asked.

"Yeah, the 'land of thoughts'. You haven't been touching your food since we made Levi a topic and I think I'm starting to agree with Cayden," She says as emphasized the sentence 'land of thoughts'.

"What do you mean?" I asked again.

"About you being uncomfortable about Levi."

Amelia and Cayden were right. I feel so uncomfortable every time when I see or even make Levi a topic but what makes me more uncomfortable is when people keep on asking about my past--a past that I kept on ignoring because somehow Levi was one of the reasons why I became emotionally unstable.

Either way, I can't blame Amelia since she just wants to know me, plus its one of the perks of being a new student. If you don't want people to assume who you aren't, might as well let your walls down for a while and let them know who you really are.

"I should get to class," Amelia says as she stood up from the chair, grabbing her tray on the table.

"Already? Classes won't even resume for the next 5 minutes," I said, looking at her.