Epilogue

"Honey, can you please go and grab the boxes of yours inside the kitchen? I need those settled at the back of the car, thank you!" My mom shouted from upstairs.

My mom started dating this new guy from her office and I can clearly tell that she is head over heels about this guy. Although I haven't met him yet, I can already see that my mom chose a wonderful guy besides my father and Liam.

After their wedding was cut off, Liam was more devoted to doing his job. He hired a new principal for the school and now, he is working at an architectural school in Paris. Liam stopped looking for another woman to fill the void of his heart because he knows that he is contented being alone and still being in love with the mother of his children.

"Okay!" I shouted back. I walked towards the kitchen and I saw Cayden standing there, holding a cake in his hand. His smile was so contagious, he makes me smile. I stopped in my tracks and stare at him and just let a laugh out of my mouth.

He gave me a questioning look as he smiles and chuckles lightly, "What is this?" I asked as I walked slowly towards him. He pushed the cake towards me as I look at it and smile 'happy 5 months' it says. I rolled my eyes at the cake and smiled at the thought about our relationship.

"You need to stop buying cakes every month to celebrate the months we have been together," I said and he placed the cake on the kitchen counter, pulls my arm and hugs me. "I mean, it's cute but, I just don't want you to keep spending too much of your money."

He lets go of me and holds my hand, "I like the way that you care but, I want to do it. Plus, it's a good way to show you how much you really mean to me—you.are.my.world," he says as he makes a circle gesture that made me chuckle.

I hugged him and gave him a peck on his cheek, "and you also need to stop using my mom to surprise me," I said as I crossed my arms. He shrugged about it and smiled.

"Okay, fine. I'll try," Cayden said.

He started pulling out something behind the pocket of his jeans and when he pulled the item out, he handed it to me. I grabbed the small red box, I looked at him with a questioning look, "Open it!" he gestures me as I lift the top of the box up.

I see a gold, simple ring inside. Cayden grabbed the ring as well as my left hand, he looked at me and he just kept on smiling like there's no tomorrow. "You were the only person who has made me this happy after my mother died and nothing could ever replace this happiness than seeing you, holding you, being with you every second of each day. I feel like I'm on top of the world right now because being with you has made me so special."

"Now, before you say anything... I know that promises are meant to be broken but, please take this as an exception because I can promise you that I will love you for as long as I live, think of you every minute of every day and every night, long for you and wait for you," Cayden says as he inserted the ring into my index finger.

"What are you saying?" I asked.

"I want you to marry me."

I was dumbfounded by the words he said. Was I dreaming? I haven't even started college yet and now, Cayden is already proposing? Wait—is he even proposing, though? I looked at him as I try to find the right words to say but, nothing really came out of my mouth. There were no words that formed inside my head. I wasn't even expecting this to happen, right here, right now.

"I want you to marry me but not right now, not within the next year or so but I want to marry you when you are ready because I am always ready to capture you when you fall. I am always ready to accept and embrace your insecurities and I am forever always ready to love you, and I wouldn't question myself about it."