Chapter LVI

"I got you these, I hope you like them," Caleb said as he lends me the bouquet. I grabbed the bouquet of roses from him, gladly accepting it from as I smile. I smelt the roses and looked at him.

"Thank you very—"

My words are suddenly cut off by Caleb when he kissed me out of nowhere. I was really shocked and I do not know what to think but I know that this is not the right thing to do and kissing him back will make him get the wrong idea about what's happening between the two of us.

I opened my eyes and pushed him away from me, "I like you, Hailey," Caleb said.

I hear someone drop something heavy wrapped in plastic. I look over and saw Cayden and Amelia staring at us, shocked at what they just witnessed. Cayden dropped the bouquet of roses he bought me. So that's what his message is all about...

"It's not what it looks like," I said, looking at Cayden. He closed his mouth and gulped down the lump that was stuck in his throat.

"Yeah, It's not," Cayden says and starts storming out of Amelia's house. I looked at Amelia with a hint of sadness in my eyes, Amelia points at the door, telling me to go after Cayden.

Caleb grabs my arm, refrains me from leaving him. I looked at him with a hint of disappointment scattered all over my face. Disappointed of what he just did, "I'm so sorry." I removed the grip of his hand from my arm.

I ran towards the front door and left Amelia's house to chase Cayden, hoping that he's still around somewhere. "Cayden, wait!" I shouted as I try to catch him as he starts heading towards his car.

"I...We... He... I didn't kiss him. He kissed me," I said as I stuttered.

"Clearly you were enjoying it after I decided to let my stupid ass enter the room, ruining the moment for the both of you. Well, guess what? I'm sorry," He says, sounding sarcastic about his apology. He starts walking towards his car as I stop him by grabbing his wrist.

"Hey! You threw yourself on Katie when I told you that we should end something that we have. And that was the night before I told you about it and the next day, I say you... with her!" I said as I point my finger, poking his chest aggressively.

"At least I didn't go around, kissing people!" He defended himself.

"What the hell Cayden? I did not even kiss him! I don't like Caleb! Can you start getting over it?" I argued with him to let him see my point and that he doesn't have to worry about Caleb or anything because I am not attracted to Caleb and the kiss meant nothing to me.

"Yeah. I'll get over it once I am done getting over you," He says as I let out the breath I didn't know that I was holding. He unlocked his car and opened the door.

"Cayden, look. I love you," I said, caressing his cheeks, "It was just a kiss. Stop making it such a big deal," I said and he rolls his eyes all over at my response to him.

"A kiss that was about to hit the next level!" He shouted, "What would you do if you caught me kissing another girl, would you be happy about that, huh?"

"Okay, that's it. At least, I didn't let myself be taken away by that moment and at least I'm not the type of person who would fuck another human being after their fucking break up!"

"Oh, sure! As if you didn't do that after you and Levi broke up. Or maybe, that's why Levi broke up with you it's because you were never good in bed!" He screamed at my face as I slapped him across the face, mad about the words he just said. My eyes start to pool and next thing I know, I was crying, bawling my eyes out in front of him.

"You know... Maybe this is wrong. Everything that I said to you was wrong. That you are not really worth fighting for and maybe I should stand up for that choice," I said as the tonality of my voice becomes soft because of the feeling of melancholy.