Chapter XX

I don't know if I should really be excited about going to the beach. It's been years since I felt the salty waters touch my skin and the way the sand felt on my feet. But also, thinking about going back there is hitting me a nostalgic feeling.

Thousands of memories hit me, thousands of memories that reminded me of home. Thousands of memories about my dad, my mom and I, having fun--the times where we used to smile, how my mom used to smile that it reaches up to her ears.

"Hey, are you okay?" I heard Amelia beside me as she taps my shoulder. I look at her and nodded my head and directed my head towards the board, trying to focus and catch up with the lesson, but somehow, my mind always wanders.

Like, right now. No matter how much I want to focus, I can't seem to focus. But it's fine, right? It's just a chemistry class.

"I would like you guys to answer the seatwork on your textbooks on page 81."

Okay, maybe it's not fine. I shifted my head back to Amelia, "Did you understand anything that she discussed a while ago?" I asked and Amelia shakes her head. I'm doomed.

We left chemistry and I thank the heavens that the bell rang before our substitute teacher wants us to check the work we did in our textbooks. Guess, what? I didn't answer it. I guess I won't be only failing calculus this year but also, chemistry.

"I'll see you later at lunch period," Amelia says as she starts walking towards the opposite direction of where I was headed to.

I waved her goodbye, "Yeah," I say as she turns her head towards her direction. I turned my back and started heading to Drama class, the subject I hate after chemistry. Number one on my list is calculus, then chemistry.

It's not that I hate hate drama the way I hate hate calculus, it's just embarrassing for me to act in front of a crowd.

I don't like to be judged; fact. But the number one fact here is that I judge people inside my head, which is kind of ironic that I hate being judged when I'm the one who's most likely to judge people.

I enter the room and people are started talking amongst themselves as if drama is the best subject there is. Mrs. Alfero (her surname sometimes makes me think about the pasta dish called Alfredo) enters the room as I find my seat and sat down.

"Bonjour and welcome to Drama class," She says as she placed her stuff on the table. She then started walking towards the aisle, "Romeo and Juliet. Can someone please tell me the short summary I have given you the last time we met?"

She asks as the room goes silently quiet. I look around and no one seems to be raising their hands to participate, "Anyone?" She asks again. She then directs her eyes at me and I suddenly looked down on my notebook, pretending that I was reading my notes.

"Mr. Anderson?" She says and I looked up to her and then looked at the person behind me. I didn't even notice him. "Would you like to share what you and that girl beside you are talking about? Something about..." Mrs. Aldero coughs, "inappropriate stuff that shouldn't be talked about here in school?"

"Do you really want to know?" I hear Cayden's voice, his tone testing Mrs. Alfero if she can handle it. The girl beside him giggles and I can't help but roll my eyes at the both of them. Disgusting.

"As I was saying... Romeo and Juliet--"

"Hey," I hear someone whisper behind me and I rolled my eyes again. I ignored him, knowing that he'll just tease me. I tried to listen to Mrs. Alfero but the person behind me kept on tapping my shoulder.