Chapter XXVI

Before he drove me back home, we stopped at a nearby fast food restaurant and ordered some food. We chilled at his house for about 2-3 hours and I finally had a chance to catch up with Netflix shows that I've been missing.

He was a bit bored watching The Vampire Diaries but he told me that it's fine that I could watch since I love that show freaking much and I'm obsessed with the characters in the story. He drove me back home at around 7 pm.

I walked towards the front porch and dig inside my bag to find the keys to our house because, for all I know, mom would still be at work or maybe busy going to blind dates or... probably she's planning to sleep over at her boyfriend's house.

It's not like I hate it but sometimes I prefer being alone and I feel independent by living alone at home. Hearing no sounds, only me and my clumsiness makes me feel at ease. I don't hate my mom's presence though, I just hate it when she brings men inside our house.

Then, the next thing I'll be hearing or know is them having some alone time in her bedroom. I know, how disgusting. I unlocked the door and went inside the house and much to my luck, there's no one inside.

I placed my bag on the floor and walked towards the kitchen to bring out some food. The food that Cayden and I ordered wasn't enough for me. I decided to cook some pasta for myself and leave some for the next morning.

Once I was done taking all of the ingredients out, I then started cooking. After a few minutes later of cooking, my food is finally ready. I grabbed a plate and put some pasta on it and started eating, once I was done and my stomach was satisfied, I placed my empty plate in the sink, went to grab my bag in the living room and headed upstairs to my bedroom.

I placed my bag on the floor once I entered my room and headed towards the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. After brushing my teeth and washing my face, I decided to change my clothes into some comfortable ones.

I grabbed my favorite Pajamas from my closet and an over-sized sweatshirt. I slipped on my fluffy slippers and walked towards my bed, I opened my night light beside me and started scrolling down on my phone before I go to sleep.

After I was done scrolling and was updated about what's trending and what's not. I closed my phone and placed it on my bed side table, I hopped in my bed and covered my entire body with the blanket. I closed my night light and was now lost in my paradise.

***

I was woken up by the annoying sound of my alarm clock and I turned it off, angrily as I try to fall asleep once again. After 10 minutes of catching a nap, I decided to finally wake up and take a bath. I then realize to myself that it's Saturday today and Spring break has just begun.

I roll my eyes and face-palmed my face, deciding to go back to sleep or not. I took a deep sigh, knowing that I can't fall asleep now once I wake up in the morning so I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and go downstairs to make some breakfast for myself.

Once I was done brushing my perfectly good teeth, I went downstairs and I can smell the heavenly made waffles that my mom's making, again. I miss her homemade waffles, I used to be so madly in love and obsessed with waffles. I was willing to marry a waffle when I was 7.

I walked towards the kitchen and leaned against the frame of the hallway as I watch my mom cook with passion, it didn't take a minute for her to realize that my presence was standing by. She smiled at me and greeted me a "Good Morning."

"Would you like your waffles to be topped with some whip cream and blueberries?" She asked and I smiled at her, nodding my head in response. "Alright, please wait," She said politely as she grabbed a plate and placed two pieces of waffles on it.