Chapter VI

Edited

When I got home yesterday. Someone knocked on my door and said that he was looking for me, and when I told him that I am the person he was looking for, he introduced his name and said, "Do you remember me? I'm Caleb."

And now, Caleb and I are inside Ethan and I's favorite coffee shop. I stare at Caleb as he smiles at the waitress that just placed his coffee down in front of him, "Thank you!"

This guy really doesn't know how not to smile. His smile is very attractive and distracting, "Do I know you? How did you even end up at my house—I mean, how did you find my house or knew where I live?" I look at him, demanding some answers. He took a sip of his coffee and placed it down on the coffee table. His eyes landed on my eyes and he smiles. This guy won't stop smiling.

"I know you like it when I smile," he says as my heart pounds faster than usual. This guy is a lunatic, can he read minds though? "Anyway. I tried looking for you online if you have any social media but I guess I can't find it or maybe you don't have one. Then, I found out that you were going to Anderson High School."

I look at him weirdly. He waves both of his hands at my face and shakes his head, "Please don't mistake me as a stalker," he says.

"Well, the way you tell me your story, you do sound like a stalker to me," I said as I drank the glass of water that's sitting on the table.

"Long story short, I met you way back in kindergarten. You were being bullied and I stood up for you, afterward, you thanked me and told me your name and I forgot to tell you mine."

"And?"

"And then I told myself that when I grow up, it will be my mission to find you and I did. I found out that you were in Anderson High because of someone I know pretty damn well," He smiles at the thought. I look at him with my eyebrows raised.

"Well, it was because of my—" his phone starts ringing as he grabbed his phone inside his pocket. He looked at the caller ID and then he looked up at me, "Excuse me. I have to take this," he says as I nodded my head.

He stood up from his chair and went outside of the coffee shop. I sat down there refreshing my memories, wanting to remember my childhood but remembering it will only haunt me all over again. My childhood is one of the most traumatizing experiences of my life that I have to go through and maybe being in high school is the second.

Caleb enters the coffee shop again and stops in front of me, "Hey. I'm sorry about this but I have to go. My sister got into trouble and I need to pick her up," he says. I stood up from the chair,

"It's alright. I have to leave anyway since I need to catch an interview," I said and he smiles at me.

"Maybe, I'll see you next time?" He says and I nodded my head as I smiled at him. "Alright. It was really nice meeting you, again. Take care, okay?" He smiles before leaving the coffee shop.

***

After I was done with my interview at the coffee shop, I went back home. I remember the time when my mom brought me to a coffee shop when I was around seven or eight years old. I get to smell the aroma of coffee for the first time in my life, since then, it was one of my dream jobs to become a part-time barista at a coffee shop.

I like the thought of mixing the ingredients, making the secret recipes from Starbucks that everyone isn't quite familiar of and I get to know what kind of syrup or coffee they use.

When I got home, I went upstairs to my bedroom, threw my bag on the floor and jumped on my bed as my comforters welcome my presence. My phone vibrates as I stood up from my bed to remove my shoes and sit down properly. I unlocked my phone and saw a message from Amelia.

Amelia <Wednesday, 8:37 PM> Hey!

I receive a message from Amelia on facebook. I opened my facebook and ignored all of the 87 notifications--all of those invites from the facebook games are starting to annoy me, especially the ones who are sending just so they can get another health or energy from their game.