Chapter XLI

I stopped chasing him and watched him storm out of the entrance door, storming out of the school in general. I'm still not used to see him skipping classes even though he is the Principal/Owner's son.

Not that the superior staff of this school doesn't care about Cayden's whereabouts but I think it's because they are just scared of Cayden, himself. Even I'm scared at Cayden. I'm scared seeing him put on a serious expression as if he could act nothing cares in the world anymore, even his life.

I heard footsteps and I turn around to see Logan standing behind me, watching me as I watch Cayden leave without saying anything that could change everything.

"Don't mind him, he'll come around. Just, give him time," He said and I gave him an expressionless look. I glanced at the entrance door and glanced back at him, nodding my head as I put on a sly smile.

"I sure hope so," I said as I heard the bell ring, reminding us that break time is over. I walked pass Logan and stopped mid-way in my tracks, I turn around to him and open my mouth to say something but wasn't able to find the right words to say.

I continue walking and then stopped again, turning around as I see him furrow his eyebrows, "Please, do talk to him. Keep him some company. I know he needs that right now," I said and he nodded his head.

I successfully continue walking towards my next class, sitting down quietly as I take a deep sigh and exhaled all of the negativity out of my body that I was holding the entire time. Ethan soon enters the room and I suddenly decided to rest my face on my desk.

I then heard a couple of students enter Mrs. Hudson's class. I heard a screech from the floor as if someone just dragged a chair next to me or probably beside me to have a chitchat with his or her friend.

"You look gloomy, what's up?" I heard Ethan's voice and my head suddenly pops up, seeing him this close to my face makes my cheek turn red. He blinks his eyes and I leaned my head back so that we are not too close, as much to my liking.

I shake my head, "Nothing," I said as I rest my head back down on my desk but Ethan stops me. He grabbed my chin and looked into my eyes as he squints his own. He then furrows his eyebrows and I furrow mine for no apparent reason.

"I've studied and known you so well Hailey Felicity Jefferson Jones and I think lying in front of my face won't let you pass today's emotion test," He said as I roll my eyes and slapped his hand away from my chin. "You've got to tell me what's making you this sad."

"I don't know, okay? I just... I don't know. I'm so confused on what to say, what to know, what to do and probably, what to feel," I said as I make this weird face as I try to explain him the things that I can't even explain to myself.

"Ahh," He said as he pointed his index finger in the air, "I think you like someone or probably you are interested in someone but they are pushing you away," He said and I gave him a questioning look.

"You long for someone but your heart denies the fact of you falling for that specific person but, your brain knows it well that you do but it never once occurred to you that you might do," He said and I gave him another questioning look as I sighed sarcastically.

Me? Falling for Cayden? Cayden the so-called Bad boy himself? Hell no!

I tried sitting up properly, "I don't know what you are talking about," I said as I try not to look at him even though I was already stating the obvious. I suck at hiding emotions.