Chapter XXXVIII

"Where's David by the way?"Amelia asked out of the blue and we all stopped walking. I turned around to see if there's still a bunch of people staying outside the house after what happened.

"We'll look for him. We'll just place your things in the back of the car and—"

"David!" Amelia and I said in unison. We gave him a blank stare afterward and he looked at the both of us, not so shockingly.

"Oh, did I miss something?" He asked, Logan, started chuckling for no reason. Amelia and I exchanged glances, James and Ethan are talking, too busy to notice what's happening back here.

David was inside this car the whole time. How did he even get inside without Logan's car keys? Maybe he broke in, but he's such a nice person to do such a ridiculous thing. Probably he borrowed Logan's car keys and returned it to him—wait, that doesn't even make sense.

If he was inside the car the whole time, then how did he even return the car keys to Logan if he borrowed it. Maybe Logan has a spare of his car keys— what am I even talking about. I should just forget about the whole concept.

I rolled my eyes as Logan placed the bags at the back of the car as Amelia and I both hopped into the vehicle. After Logan placed all of our bags at the back, he hopped in the driver's seat and started reversing the car, ready to go back home.

***

I woke up when the car stopped at a house that looks familiar. Logan turned off the engine, signaling all of us to hop out of the car. James helped Logan unpack the back of the car with our stuff, I grabbed my bag from James and thanked him after.

Logan locked his car and we all followed him towards the front porch. He started fishing inside his pocket and finally grabs that seems to be a house key. He unlocks the door and he entered, soon enough, we all followed once again.

Logan placed his bag on the living room floor, so did James, Ethan, and David. Boys are so careless about their stuff. Amelia kept on typing something on her phone as I roam around the house with my eyes.

I swear this house looks familiar. "So, why are we staying here?" I asked, making Logan turn around and gave me a questioning look.

"We'll be staying here once Cayden and Noah come back. I already sent them a message that we are all staying here just to be safe," He said, making me send him a questioning look this time.

"Just to be safe? What do you mean by that? Tell me there's nothing bad going on?" I asked him, giving him a concerned look. He gave me a blank stare and flashed me a half smile.

"Not that there's bad going on but I'm not sure. You should ask Cayden because I might tell you a different story from my perspective," He said and I nodded. He went off, walking upstairs towards his bedroom, maybe.

Amelia and I sat on the couch as James went off to the kitchen to makes something for us. Ethan and David asked Logan's permission if they can play arcades in his basement, he agreed and the both of them went downstairs to play some arcades.

"You've been here a lot of times, right?" I asked Amelia, she stops texting and spares me a glance. She blinked her eyes at me for 3 times and nodded her head without uttering a word and started typing again on her phone. "Care to explain?" 

She stops texting again and then, she turns off her phone this time. She closed her eyes and sighed deeply, this is gonna be an interesting story to hear, maybe. She opened her eyes and moved to the spot next to me.

She was about to speak but James suddenly appears, with a tray of 4 mugs. He placed the two mugs on the coffee table, "It's hot chocolate," He said, Amelia and I thanked him before he went off to bring David and Ethan some Hot Chocolate.