Tenders and Turntables

Twilight, Thomas and Friends

Episode 1: Pinkie Pie: Tenders, Turntables, and Trouble

Part 1: Tenders and Turntables 

Based on "Troublesome Engines" by Rev. W. Awdry

Sir Topham Hatt: So, what's wrong with Percy, Inspector?

Inspector: His piston broke. He'll be out at least for 3 Days.

Sir Topham Hatt: Bother. The other engines are busy. But I will try and find a another engine. Percy, Rosie will do your branch line work. I'll find another engine to do shunting.

Meanwhile, Henry, Gordon, and Rainbow Dash were lonely since Percy went to the works to be mended. Now, they had to fetch their own coaches. And they grumbled dreadfully. James and Rarity grumbled too. "We get no rest! We get no rest!" They all complained.

Some Stations on the mainline each have a turntable. Sir Topham Hatt used them to have the bigger engines turned around because it was dangerous for those type of engines going fast backwards.

Gordon: It's not fair. Percy breaks a piston and leaves of all things... Us to shut our coaches. Express Engines like me wouldn't shunt. It wouldn't be dignified.

Thomas: I think somebody's being a little too big for his buffers.

Twilight: Me too.

Gordon: Bah!

Later...

"Disgraceful," Gordon hissed as he ran backwards to the turntable. The Turntable was in windy place close to the sea. If Gordon was not on the turntable just right, he put it out of balance and made it difficult to turn. Gordon was in a very bad temper, and the wind was blowing fiercely. His driver tried hard get Gordon into the right place, but Gordon wasn't trying. The Fireman tried to turn the handle, but to no avail due to Gordon's weight and strong winds.

Gordon's Crew: It's No Good! Your big tender has upset the balance. If you were a tank engine, you'd be alright. Now, you'll have to pull the next train backwards.

Later

Children: Look! There's a New Tank Engine! Oh, It's only Gordon, back to front.

Twilight: Hello Gordon. Playing Tank Engines? Be a Sensible Engine, and take my advice, scrap your tender and have a nice bunker.

Gordon said nothing. Even Rainbow Dash, James and Rarity laughed too.

Gordon: Take Care, you three. You might stick too.

James: (chuckling) No fear! I'm not as big as you. (thinking) I mustn't stick.

He puffed onto the turntable perfect. It now swung easy. Gordon, Rainbow Dash and Rarity were there to see everything. James puffed onto the table much too easy. The wind twisted him and the turntable around like a top.  He couldn't stop! Then the wind died down and James stopped spinning.

Gordon: Well, Well. Are you playing roundabouts?

Poor James, feeling quite giddy, rolled off to the shed without a word. That night, the engines had an indignation meeting.

Henry: It's a shame to treat Tender Engines like this!

Rainbow Dash: Gordon Has to Go backwards and people think he's a tank engine!

Rarity: James spins around like a top and everyone laughs at us!

Gordon: And to add to that, Sir Topham Hatt makes us shunt coaches in dirty sidings! YECH!

Rainbow Dash: What shall we do then?

Gordon: Listen. (Whispers something to the others) We'll do it Tomorrow. Sir Topham Hatt will look Silly.

The Engines decided to go on strike.

To be Continued