Episode 13

Twilight, Thomas, and Friends

Episode 13:  The Trouble with Mud

One Morning, Twilight Sparkle was being cleaned when Rainbow Dash Chuffed in. Mud had blown all over her smart blue paint.

Twilight: Hello, Rainbow Dash. It looks to me like you've had a mud bath! Be a sensible engine and have a shower instead.

Rainbow Dash: I don't have time to dawdle around my appearance unlike fussy tank engines do.

The Wind Blew harder. 

Rainbow Dash's Driver: Slow Down, Dashie! 

This made Rainbow Dash crosser still. 

Rainbow Dash: Now I'll be dirty and late! Dirty and late! 

At the next station, there was a sign. All Trains must Wash down daily. Rarity had just finished being cleaned. 

Rainbow Dash's Driver: Come on, Dashie! You'll feel better too after a good hosedown!

Rainbow Dash: Bah! 

She angrily let off steam. 

Rainbow Dash's Driver: You're a very naughty engine! Now Rarity will have to have another shower. You'll have to wait your turn until later!

Rainbow Dash: Good Riddance! I'm far too busy to waste my time with water. 

She finished her Journey safely, and made her way towards the big Station. Sir Topham Hatt was waiting for her. So were Rainbow Dash's coaches and the passengers. 

Sir Topham Hatt: Goodness Gracious! You can't pull the train! Fluttershy will have to do it! Rainbow Dash,  You better get cleaned straight away! 

Rainbow Dash was soon being washed. 

Rainbow Dash: Mind My Eyes! 

Then, she pulled cars for the rest of the day.  

Rainbow Dash: Freight Trains, Freight Trains! 

She felt her position deeply. 

Rainbow Dash: That's for you, and you, and you! 

Rarity: Cars will be cars. 

Rainbow Dash: They won't with me. I'll show them! 

Rarity got ready to pull the express when Rainbow Dash returned. 

Rainbow Dash: Be Careful. The Hills are slippery, and you may need help. 

Rarity: I don't need help climbing up Hills! Rainbow Dash thinks she knows all! 

Earlier, a storm had swept Gordon's Hill, blowing leaves on to the track, making them slippery. Even though the storm had passed, the hill with still difficult to climb. Rarity knew this. The signal showed clear, and Rarity began to go faster. 

Rarity: I can do it! I can do it! 

Halfway up, she wasn't so sure. 

Rarity: I must do it! I must do it! 

But her wheels slipped on the leaves. She couldn't pull the train at all. 

Rarity: Help! Help! 

Her wheels were turning forward, but the heavy coaches were pulling her backwards. The whole train started slipping down the hill. Her driver shut off steam and applied the brakes, and carefully stopped the train. Rainbow Dash saw everything. 

Rainbow Dash: Oh well, We live and learn. Never mind, Rarity. I'll push from behind. 

Clouds of smoke and Steam billowed from the snorting engines as they struggled up the hill. 

Rarity: We can do it! 

Rainbow Dash: We will do it! 

At last, they reached the top. 

Rarity: (Whistles) Thank You, Dashie! Goodbye. 

Rainbow Dash: (whistles back) Goodbye. 

That night, Sir Topham Hatt came to see the engines. Rainbow Dash was miserable. 

Twilight: Please, Sir. Can Dashie pull coaches again? 

Sir Topham Hatt: If you understand that a Wash down is essential to every engine, then yes, You may Rainbow Dash. 

Rainbow Dash: Thank You, Sir. Dirty or Clean, I'm a famous machine! 

But no one heard but herself. 

THE END