Twilight Comes to Breakfast

Twilight, Thomas and Friends

Episode 17: Alfred's Adventures on Twilight's Branchhline

Part 1: Twilight comes to Breakfast

Twilight Sparkle had worked on her branch line for a long time, and she knows it very well. She would usually sing a little tune while pulling coaches or Freight Cars. The Cars sometimes join in, and they behave well behind her buffers. One day, she stopped at Knapford for her last passengers to be let off. 

Twilight's Driver: You know just where to stop Twilight. In fact, you could almost manage without me.

Twilight was conceited. She didn't realize her driver was only joking. Later, she boasted to the other engines. 

Twilight: Driver says I don't need him now. 

Pinkie Pie: Fiddlesticks, Twilight! You shouldn't be as silly as me! 

Applebloom: Don't be so daft, now.

Applejack: I wouldn't go without my driver. I'd be frightened. 

Twilight: Huh! I'm not scared! 

Applejack: You'd never dare! 

Twilight: I will then. You'll see!

Twilight thought her friends were being stick-in-the-muds.

The next morning, The Firelighter came. Twilight dozed as the warmth swirled through her boiler. Applejack, Applebloom, and Pinkie were still asleep. Twilight suddenly remembered what her driver said yesterday, and that's when the trouble began. 

Twilight: Silly Stick-in-the-muds! I'll show them! Driver said I could manage without him! I'll just go out, then I'll stop and WHEESH! That'll make them jump! 

Twilight thought she was very clever. Then, she felt her wheels moving forward. Little did she know that a was just a careless cleaner that just fiddled with her controls. She soon found out her mistake. She tried to wheesh, but she couldn't. She tried to stop, but she couldn't! She just kept rolling along the line! She didn't dare look at what was coming next... There was the stationmaster's house! The stationmaster was about to have breakfast with his family. 

Twilight: HORRORS! 

Twilight shut her eyes. 

CRASH! 

The house rocked, broken glass tinkled, and plaster was everywhere. Twilight collected a bush on her travels. She peered into the dining room through its leaves. She couldn't speak. The stationmaster was Furious. His wife picked their plates. 

Stationmaster's Wife: You Miserable Engine! Just look what you've done to our breakfast! Now I shall have to cook some more! 

She banged the door. More plaster fell. This time, it fell on Twilight. Poor Twilight wanted to apologize, but her face was still covered by the bush. Men proped up the house with strong plies, and laid rails through the garden. At last, Sonic and Tails arrived to help Twilight from the trashed house. 

Sonic: (in Scottish accent) Dinnae Fash yourself, Twilight. We'll soon have you back on the rails! 

The two engines laughed. Puffing hard, Sonic and Tails managed to pull Twilight to safety. Bits of fencing, the Bush, and a broken window frame festooned her front, which was now badly twisted. The two engines laughed again, and puffed away. Twilight was in disgrace. She knew that there would be more to come, and there was.

Sir Topham Hatt: You are in a lot of trouble, Twilight! 

Twilight: (muffled) I know sir, I'm sorry sir. 

Twilight'svoice was muffled behind the bush. 

Sir Topham Hatt: You must go to the Steamworks to have your front mended. It will be a long job. 

Twilight: (muffled) Yes Sir. 

Sir Topham Hatt: Meanwhile, A LNER Class B12 will do your work. 

Twilight: (muffled, gasps) A l--l LNER Engine, sir? 

Sir Topham Hatt: Yes Twilight. LNER engines always stay in their sheds until they are wanted. LNER Engines never galavant off to Breakfast in the stationmaster's house. 

He found one LNER Class B12. The Engine's number is 98462. His name however, is for the next story...

To be Continued...