Pinkie Pie Runs Away

Twilight, Thomas and Friends 

Episode 1: Pinkie Pie: Tenders, Turntables, and Trouble 

Part 3: Pinkie Pie Runs Away

Previously On Twilight, Thomas and Friends... 

Sir Topham Hatt is notified that there is no train at the station. He then finds the 5 engines in the shed looking very cross. Gordon says that the tender engines won't shunt like little tank engines. Then Sir Topham Hatt leaves to find Edward, and he wants him to push coaches for him. Edward manages to find coaches for the engines, and the trains run as usual. But next day, Edward isn't happy. Gordon hisses loudly at Edward. Sir Topham Hatt then comes to the conclusion that tender engines do shunt and they need another Tank Engine. He then goes to the workshop and finds Pinkie Pie. Pinkie soon learns what to do and the yard. Then, Percy, Thomas, Twilight, and Fluttershy, arrived.  Sir Topham Hatt says to the 6 engines that he had shut up the other 5 engines in the shed. The 6 engines then run the line for a while. Although there are fewer trains, the passengers don't mind. The five other engines are miserable. And they wished they hadn't been so silly.

Gordon, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, James, and Henry were miserable. They have been shut up for several days for being naughty, and wanted to be let out again. 

At last, Sir Topham Hatt arrived.

Sir Topham Hatt: I hope you are all sorry, and understand that every job on the Railway is important. We have a new tank engine called Pinkie Pie who helps shunt coaches, and the other engines had worked the main line nicely. But I will let you out if you promise to work hard.

All Five Engines: Yes Sir! We will!

Sir Topham Hatt: That's Good. But please remember, that this no shunting nonsense must stop.

He then told Edward, Percy, Thomas, and Pinkie Pie that they could go and play on the branch line for a few days. They ran off happily to find Annie and Clarabel at the junction. 

The 2 coaches were pleased to see Thomas again.

Edward and Pinkie Pie played with Freight cars.

Freight Cars: (Screaming) Stop! Stop!

But the two engines laughed, and went on shunting until the cars were tidily arranged. 

Next Percy took some empty Freight cars to the Quarry. Pinkie Pie was left alone. She didn't mind that a bit. She liked watching trains pass by and being cheeky to the other engines.

Pinkie: Hurry, Hurry, Hurry!

After a great deal of shunting, Pinkie Pie had to go on the switch to get back to the yard. But she was being rather careless and not paying attention. Edward had warned her.

Edward: Be careful on the main line. Whistle to the signal man when you are there.

But Pinkie Pie didn't remember to whistle, and eventually the busy signalman forgot her.

Pinkie Pie waited and waited. The switch was still against her so she couldn't move. Then she felt the track vibrating underneath her Wheels.

Pinkie: There must be a train coming! I will take a look down the main line.

And that's what she did. Then she whistled in horror, for rushing straight towards her, was Gordon and the express!

Gordon: (Groaning) OOOOOH! Get out of my way!

Pinkie Pie closed her eyes and waited for the end. And when she opened them, she saw that Gordon had stopped with his buffers just a few inches from her own. But Pinkie Pie had begun to move.

Pinkie: I won't stay here, I'll run away! 

She ran straight through Edward's Station, and was so frightened that she ran right up Gordon's Hill without stopping. But after that, she was tired, but she couldn't stop. She had no driver to shut off steam and apply the brakes. 

Pinkie: I want to stop! I want to stop!

The signalman saw that Pinkie was in trouble, so he kindly set the switch. Pinkie Pie puffed wearily onto a nice empty siding, ending in a big bank of dirt. She was too tired to care where she went. 

Pinkie: I want to stop! I want to stop! (Thankfully) I have stopped! 

Workmen: Never mind, Pinkie. You shall have a drink and some coal and then you'll feel better. 

Presently, Gordon came. 

Gordon: Well Done, Pinkie! You started so quickly, you avoided a nasty accident! 

Pinkie: I'm Sorry I was cheeky! 

Gordon: You were clever to stop. 

Then, Gordon helped pull Pinkie Pie out from the bank. The two engines are now good friends. But Pinkie Pie is always most careful when she goes on the main line. 

THE END