Episode 5

Twilight, Thomas and Friends

Episode 5: A Scarf for Pinkie Pie 

Based on "A Scarf for Percy" from "Thomas and Friends" 

It was a cold winter's morning on the Island of Sodor. Thomas, Twilight, Percy, and Pinkie Pie were in the sheds feeling cold and cross. 

Thomas: All I want is a warm boiler. Firelighter knows that. He's late! 

Pinkie: He's not late! This weather woke us up early! 

Twilight: Pinkie is right. This weather did wake us up early. 

Gusts of Wind swirled around the sheds, tossing flakes of snow towards Thomas and Twilight. Then they swooshed around Pinkie and Percy too. 

Pinkie: (shivering) Why don't we talk about something else? 

Thomas: Yes. Like how silly we will look when our funnels turn into icicles.

Percy: That's not funny. Maybe we'll stop feeling cold if we talked about warm things. Like sunshine, and steam.

Thomas: (muttering) And fire lighters.

Pinkie: Scarves! 

Thomas: (laughing) Scarves? That's what you need Pinkie. A wooly scarf around your funnel!

Thomas was only teasing, but Pinkie Pie thought happily about scarves, until the fire lighter came.

Sir Topham Hatt was enjoying hot porridge for breakfast. He was looking forward to taking some important people on a tour of the Railway and have pressed his special trousers.

Sir Topham Hatt: (to his wife) I shall put them in my trunk, and change into them just before the photographs are taken.

Then he set off to catch his train.

Pinkie Pie was now working hard. Her fire was burning nicely, and she had plenty of steam. But she was still thinking about scarves. She saw them everywhere she went.

Pinkie: My funnel is cold, My funnel is cold! I want a scarf, I want a scarf!

Henry: Rubbish, Pinkie. Engines don't need scarves.

Pinkie: Engines with proper funnels do. You've only got a small one!

Before Henry could answer, Pinkie puffed away. Henry snorted. He was looking forward to pulling the special train.

It was time for the photographs, and everyone was excited. Sir Topham Hatt was waiting on the platform for his trousers. They were in a trunk amongst a big load of baggage. The porters had to take the baggage trolley across the line. They were walking backwards to see that nothing fell off.

Pinkie Pie was still being cheeky. Her driver would always shut off steam just outside the station. He did this, because Pinkie wanted to surprise the coaches by coming in as quietly as she could.

That's when the trouble began. Pinkie Pie entered the station so quietly, that the coaches didn't notice. The porters didn't hear her either. Pinkie Pie gave them such a fright, they ran off the line at the last possible moment. Pinkie crashed into the baggage trolley, and the trolley disappeared under her Wheels with a loud CRUNCH! Boxes and bags burst everywhere.

Pinkie: (Groaning) Oh!

CRASH! SPLAT! 

Sticky streams of jam Trickled down Pinkie's face. A top hat hung on her lamp iron. Worst of all, a pair of trousers were coiled lovingly around her funnel like a scarf. 

Everyone was very angry. Sir Topham Hatt seized the top hat. 

Sir Topham Hatt: Mine! Pinkie Pie, look at this!

Pinkie: Yes Sir, I am Sir. 

Sir Topham Hatt: My best trousers, too! 

Pinkie: Yes Sir, Please Sir. 

Sir Topham Hatt: We must pay the passengers for their spoiled clothes, and my trousers are ruined. I hope this will teach you not to play tricks with the coaches.

Pinkie puffed sadly away. She felt very silly Indeed. On the way, She met Rarity. 

Rarity: Hello, Pinkie Pie. So you found a scarf, eh? But legs go in trousers, not funnels! 

And she puffed away to tell Henry the news. 

That evening, Thomas, Percy, Twilight, and Pinkie Pie were in the sheds. Pinkie's Driver had taken away the trousers, and gave Pinkie a good rub-down. 

Thomas: Fire Lighter has promised to come early tomorrow.  

Twilight: That's Great! 

Then, Henry came. He had enjoyed taking the special train, and now that sorry for Pinkie Pie too. 

Henry: Driver says that the weather will be warmer tomorrow. So you won't need a scarf! 

Pinkie: Certainly Not! Engines don't need scarves, engines need one boilers. Everyone knows that!

And all the engines had to agree.

THE END