Episode 21

Twilight, Thomas and Friends

Episode 21: Pip stands By

Based on "Toad Stands By" by Rev. W. Awdry

Scootaloo had been to the works to be mended. Some troublesome cars tricked her, and the orange engine fell into the turntable well.

Scootaloo: Not a very good first impression, if you ask me.

Now Scootaloo was as good as new, but she was still worried about cars.

Scootaloo: I'd rather not use them.

But the cars sang songs about Scootaloo, rudely and loudly. They were lead by Scratch, a grey truck, who was more chicken than clever, but could still hatch up a good scheme.

Freight Cars: (singing) Scootaloo is no use at all, she thinks she very clever, she says that she can manage us, that's the best joke ever! When she orders us about, with the greatest folly, we just push her down the well! Pop goes old Scootie!

The other engines were rather offended.

Sonic: Be quiet, you badnik!

But they couldn't be everywhere. And everywhere the weren't, the cars sang again.

Freight Cars: (singing) Scootaloo is no use at all, she thinks she very clever, she says that she can manage us, that's the best joke ever!

Finally, the engines gave up on trying to stop the cars from singing.

Rarity: We are terribly sorry, Scoots!

Sweetie Belle: Please excuse us!

Pinkie Pie: What a mistake!

Scootaloo: No, it's my fault, all my fault! I'm the one to blame. I should not have fallen into the turntable well.

Pipsqueak, Scootaloo's breakvan felt sorry for her too. Next day, he spoke  to Sonic.

Pip: I'm worried, Mr. Sonic. This disrespect for steam engines, when will it end?

Sonic: (sighs) Who knows?

Pip: I've got a plan, Mr. Sonic. Do you mind me staying with Scoots? Because We're both Great Western, and must stand together. If Oliver and Toad did it, I know we can too.

Sonic: Ah! I like it!

Pip: It's sneaky...

Sonic: And it just...

Pip: Might...

Sonic: Work!

Later, Pip told his plan to Scootaloo and Applebloom.

Applebloom: Goodness gracious, Pip! I don't know if you should suggest such a thing to Scoots.

Scootaloo: No, Applebloom. Pip is right. I got myself into this mess, and I got to get out of it.

Applebloom: I agree. I have a passenger run, and I do not intend to be late.

Scootaloo: (smiling) So long!

Scootaloo pretended to be brave, but she felt dreadfully nervous inside. Scootaloo marshalled the worst behaving freight cars two by two.

Pip: That's the way, Scoots! Now, if you leave that dumb-bot Scratch to last, that way he can be right behind you, and you can bump him if he starts his nonsense.

(Later)

Scratch: (whispers) Hold back! Hold back, and pass the word to the others!

The silly cars all giggled. But Scootaloo knew what to do. There was plenty of sand on the rails, and her wheels gripped splendidly. She gave a great heave.

Scratch: (feeling the strain) Ooh! I don't like this!

Applebloom: Go on! Go on! You got 'em! Well done Girl, Well done!

Scratch: (wailing) OOH! I-I THINK I'M COMIN' APART!

CRASH!

And he did. Then there was trouble.

Sir Topham Hatt: Well Scootaloo, it seems like you don't know your own strength, is that it?

Scootaloo: (nervously) Ah... No sir.

Then Sir Topham Hatt turned to the broken Scratch.

Sir Topham Hatt: As I thought, Rotten Wood, rusty frames. If we put you back together, you would learn yourself a better name.

Nowadays, Scootaloo takes Freight Cars when the other engines are busy. But the cars would always warn each other before she took them out.

Freight Cars: Take care with Scootaloo! If you play tricks on her, she'll likely pull you apart, and never be the same car again!

Scratch, has learned his lesson too, and says nothing at all.

THE END