Fluttershy's Special Coal

Twilight, Thomas and Friends

Episode 2: Fluttershy: Special Coal, Kippers, Whistles, and Sneezes

Part 1: Fluttershy's Special Coal

Based on "Henry the Green Engine" by Rev. W. Awdry

One Morning, Fluttershy was feeling very sorry for herself. Sometimes she could pull trains, but sometimes she felt she had no strength at all.

Fluttershy: I suffer Dreadfully, and no one cares.

Rarity: (snorting) Rubbish, Fluttershy. You don't work hard enough!

Sir Topham Hatt spoke to her too.

Sir Topham Hatt: What's wrong, Fluttershy? You've had lots of new parts and new paint too, but they've done you no good. If we can't make you better, we must get another engine instead of you to do the work.

This made Fluttershy, Her driver, and fireman very sad.

Sir Topham Hatt was waiting when Fluttershy came to the platform. He had taken off his hat and coat and put on overalls. Fluttershy managed to start, but her fireman wasn't satisfied.

Fireman: (to Sir Topham Hatt) Fluttershy is a bad steamer. I build up her fire, but it doesn't give enough heat.

Fluttershy tried very hard, but it was no good. She didn't have enough steam, and came to a stop outside Edward's Station.

Fluttershy: (thinking) Oh Dear! I shall have to go away! Oh Dear! Oh Dear!

All she could do was go slowly onto a siding. Edward took charge of the train. Sir Topham Hatt and the fireman went on discussing Fluttershy's troubles.  

Sir Topham Hatt: What do you think is wrong, fireman?

Fluttershy's Fireman: Excuse me, Sir, but the fact is the coal is wrong. We've had a poor lot lately, and Today, It's worse. The other engines can manage. The have big fireboxes. Fluttershy's is small, and can't make the heat. With Welsh coal, she'd be a different engine.

Sir Topham Hatt: It's expensive, but Fluttershy must have a fair chance. Rarity will go and fetch some.

When the Welsh Coal arrived, Fluttershy's Driver and fireman were excited.

Fluttershy's crew: Now we'll show them, Fluttershy!

They carefully made her fire, putting large lumps of coal like a wall around the outside. Then the glowing middle part was covered with smaller lumps.

Fluttershy: (complaining) You're spoiling my fire!

Fireman: Wait and See! We'll have a roaring fire, just when we want it!

The Fireman was right. When Fluttershy reached the platform, her water was boiling nicely and she had to let off steam.

Sir Topham Hatt: How are you, Fluttershy?

Fluttershy: Peep! Peep! Peep! I feel fine!

Sir Topham Hatt: Have you a good fire, driver?

Fluttershy's Driver: Never Better, Sir, and plenty of steam.

Sir Topham Hatt (Warning) No Record Breaking! Don't push her too hard!

Fluttershy's Driver: Fluttershy won't need pushing, sir. I'll have to hold her back!

Fluttershy had a lovely day. She had never felt so well in her life. She wanted to go fast, but her driver wouldn't let her.

Fluttershy's Driver: Steady now, Girl! There's plenty of time!

They arrived early at the station. Thomas puffed in.

Fluttershy: Where have you been, lazybones? Well, I can't wait for dawdling tank engines like you. Goodbye!

Thomas: (to Annie and Clarabel) Whoosh! Have you seen anything like it?

Both Annie and Clarabel agreed that they never had. 

To Be Continued