Episode 12

Twilight, Thomas and Friends 

Episode 12: Pinkie Down the Mine

Based on "Down the Mine" by Rev. W. Awdry 

One day, Pinkie Pie was at the station when Rainbow Dash shuffled in with some Freight Cars. 

Pinkie: PHIUUU! Can you smell a smell? 

Coach: I can't smell a smell.

Pinkie: A funny, musty sort of smell.

Rainbow Dash: No one recognized it until you did. It must be yours!

Not long ago, Rainbow Dash had fallen into a dirty ditch, and Pinkie Pie love teasing her about it.

Pinkie: Do you know what I think it is? It's ditch water!

Before Rainbow Dash could say anything else, Pinkie Pie ran off laughing.

Pinkie: That was funny, That was funny! 

After leaving her coaches, Pinkie Pie went to a mine to shunt some Freight Cars. Long ago, the mines were used for getting lead and Uranium. This made the ground unstable, but the ground held up the weight of freight cars, not the weight of engines. There was a warning sign to make sure that the engines don't go into these areas. It read: DANGER. Engines must not pass this point. 

Pinkie had heard about Twilight's Water experience, and Thomas going down the Mine himself. 

Pinkie: (thinking) I wonder what could happen if I pass Danger. 

She had a plan today. The man went to change the switches.

Pinkie: (thinking) Now.

She surged forward, bumping the cars hard and knocked her driver off the footplate.

Pinkie: (thinking) Silly Old Board. 

Pinkie's Driver: Come Back! 

But it was too late.

CRASH! 

Pinkie: Fire and Smoke! I'm sunk! 

And she was. 

Pinkie: Oh Dear! I am a silly engine. 

Sir Topham Hatt: And a very naughty one too. I saw you.

Pinkie: Please Sir, Get me out sir. I'm not going to do it again. 

Sir Topham Hatt: We can't lift you out with a crane because the ground is not firm enough. Hmm, let me see. I wonder if Rainbow Dash could help you.

Pinkie: Yes Sir.

But she didn't want to meet Rainbow Dash just yet.

Rainbow Dash: (Laughing) Down a mine, is she? Heh, heh, What a joke! (Calmly) Don't Worry, Pinkie, We'll have you out in a couple of puffs. 

Strong ropes and cables were hooked between the two engines.

Sir Topham Hatt: Are you ready? Heave! 

It was harder than everyone had thought. At last, Pinkie Pie was free. 

Pinkie: I'm Sorry I was rude. 

Rainbow Dash: It's Alright. Pinkie Pie, you made me laugh. I'm in disgrace.

Pinkie: So am I. 

Rainbow Dash: So you are. Shall we form an Alliance? United we stand, together we fall. You help me, and I'll help you.

Pinkie: Good Idea! 

Rainbow Dash: Good, That settles it. 

And buffer to buffer, the Allies puffed home.

THE END