The Escape

Twilight, Thomas & Friends

Episode 19: Scootaloo and her Journey to Sodor

Part 2: The Escape

Previously...

Scootaloo had been working on a private railway in Wales for years. Then the railway is dieselized and Scootaloo is the only one on steam power. She is then withdrawn from service. With her driver, fireman, and her faithful breakvan Pipsqueak in tow, they escape to Sodor in search of a new beginning...

Scootaloo, waiting for the right time to leave the shed, was in progress of escaping to Sodor. Her progress had been halted by daylight. Then, the sounds of diesel motors ceased at nightfall.

Scootaloo: Right, let's move!

The three continued running at night and hiding at day, just like the days of the underground railroad. The reserve coal turned out to be very useful. Soon, they were in the industrial town of Barrow-in-Furnace.

Scootaloo's Driver: We're almost to freedom, Scootaloo! But we're also almost out of coal.

Scootaloo: Great. Please hurry. Save that last one. It'll be useful for later.

They came nearer and nearer to Barrow-in-Furnace station. They knew once they cleared the station, they were on a sodor line. Suddenly, Scootaloo ran out of coal as dawn broke on Barrow-in-Furnace, just inches from the platform.

Scootaloo: Aw Man! Missed it by *that* much!

She was then taken to a scrapyard in the same city.

Meanwhile on Sodor...

Sonic and Tails enjoy their new life on Sodor. They had a remodel to make them stronger and and faster. Sonic had lots of important jobs tasked to him. One particular day, he was excited for yet another important Job. He met Sir Topham Hatt at the Sheds.

Sir Topham Hatt: The Other railway has agreed for you to shunt tonight at the Barrow-in-Furnace scrapyard.

Sonic: Yes Sir!

Later, Sonic met Twilight before he left.

Twilight: Sir Topham Hatt is expanding this line for Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom. We do need another engine to complete it, though.

Sonic: Hmm, I'll think about it.

He came to the scrapyard and started his work.

Sonic: This place gives me the creeps! It's worse than a American Scrapyard! (shunts last trucks) That outta do it!

He was about to leave when he heard...

Hiss...

Sonic: That sounds like a steam engine!

The hiss came again.

Sonic: Who's there?

Then, a voice peeped out to Sonic.

Scootaloo: Uh, Are you Sir Topham Hatt's engine?

Sonic: Yes, and proud of it!

Scootaloo: Well, I'm Scootaloo. And I'm here with my breakvan, Pipsqueak. We've run out of coal and have no steam left.

Sonic: But what are you doing?

Scootaloo: Escaping.

Sonic: From What?

Scootaloo: Scrap.

Sonic: (shuddered in fear, thought to self) Ahh, don't mention that word... It makes my wheels wobble. (remembered something, then spoke) I'd be glad to help, but it'll have to look like you're ready for scrap when I take you away.

Their drivers and firemen agreed, and everyone worked fast.

Sonic: No time to turn around, I don't mind running home tender first.

So the cavalcade set off. But when they reached the last signal box, they were stopped.

Foreman: Ah-ha, a Great Western 14xx and a 2 Breakvan. You can't take these!

Sonic: Oh, but they are all for us, sir! See for yourself!

The foreman looked all over Scootaloo and Pip.

Foreman: Seems in order. Ok, right away, guard!

(whistle blew)

And the cavalcade set off once again.

Sonic: We're almost to Sodor, Scootaloo.

Scootaloo: I've been trying to get there all this time, and now you bring me to it? Thank you very much, Sonic!

Sonic: Your welcome, Scoots. Anytime.

To Be Continued...