Episode 4

Twilight, Thomas and Friends

Episode 4: Rarity in a Mess

Based on "Dirty Objects" by Rev. W. Awdry

Applejack, Big Mac, and Applebloom enjoy their new life on Sodor. They work for their grandmother, sending Apples to Bakeries all over the island and The mainland. But the Three do look old-fashioned, and do need new paint. At the Station, They would often meet Rarity.

Rarity: Ugh! What Dirty Objects!

At last, Applejack lost patience.

Applejack: Rarity, Why are you White?

Rarity: I'm a really splendid engine, and you'll never see my paint dirty!

And she puffed away.

After leaving her coaches, Rarity went on to her next job. It was a slow freight, stopping at every station to pick up and set down cars. Rarity hated slow freight trains.

Rarity: (grumbling) Dirty Cars from dirty sidings. YECH!

Starting with only a few, she picked up more and more cars at each station until she had a long train. 

At first, the freight cars behaved well. But Rarity bumped them so hard that they were determined to pay her back. 

Presently, they came to the top of Gordon's Hill. Heavy Freight Trains stop here to set their brakes for when they go down the steep gradient. Rarity should have remembered this. 

Rarity's Driver: Wait Rarity, Wait!

But Rarity wouldn't wait. She was too busy thinking of what she would say to Applejack when they next met. 

Too late, she then realized she had given the freight cars the chance they wanted, and she tried to stop. 

Freight Cars: Hurrah! Hurrah! 

And banging their buffers, they pushed Rarity down the hill. The Guard tightened the brakes until they screamed. 

Freight Cars: On! On! On! 

Rarity: I've got to stop! I've got to stop!

Rarity set her brakes and managed to slow the freight car's mad rush, but they were still going too fast to stop in time. Through the Station they thundered and lurched into the goods yard. Disaster lay ahead. Rarity shut her eyes and waited for the end. 

CRASH! BANG! 

Something sticky splashed All over Rarity. She had run into two Tar Wagons and was black from smokebox to cab. She was more dirty Than hurt, but the Tar Wagons and some cars were all to pieces.

Luckily, the Breakdown Train was in the yard and started to clean up the mess. Applejack and Pinkie Pie helped too. 

Applejack: Pinkie, Whatever is that Dirty Object? 

Pinkie: Why, It's Rarity, don't you know? 

Applejack: It's Rarity's shape, but Rarity is a splendid white engine, and you'll never see her paint dirty!

Rarity pretended she hadn't heard. They took away the unhurt cars and helped Rarity to the shed. 

Sir Topham Hatt: Well Done Pinkie and Applejack! (To Rarity) Fancy letting your cars run away. I'm surprised. You're not fit to be Seen! You must be cleaned at once! Applejack shall have a new coat of paint. 

Applejack: Sir, Can Applebloom and Big Mac have one too?

Sir Topham Hatt: Of Course! 

All Rarity could do was to watch Applejack puff away to tell Big Macintosh and Applebloom the news.