Pop Goes the Diesel

Twilight, Thomas and Friends 

Episode 7: Pinkie Pie and Trixie: Rivalry on the Rails

Based on "Duck and the Diesel Engine" by Rev. W. Awdry 

Part 1: Pop goes the Diesel 

Pinkie Pie loved working for Sir Topham Hatt on the Island of Sodor. She often boasts about how well she handles Freight Cars. But she works hard and makes everything go like clockwork. 

The coaches behaved well too. The passengers even stopped grumbling. 

Pinkie: There are two ways of doing things. The Pinkie Pie Way, or the wrong way. I'm Pinkie Pie, and- 

Engines: (Groaning) Don't we know it.

The engines were glad when a visitor came. She purred smoothly towards the sheds. Sir Topham Hatt introduced her. 

Sir Topham Hatt: Here is Trixie Lulamoon. I have decided to give her a trial. She needs to learn. Please teach her, Pinkie. 

Trixie: Good Morning. Pleased to meet you. Is that James, Henry, Gordon, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Fluttershy too? I'm delighted to meet such famous engines.  

The silly engines were flattered.

Engines: She has nice manners. We're pleased to have her in our yard.

Pinkie Pie had her doubts. 

Pinkie: Come on.

Trixie purred after her. 

Trixie: Your worthy top- 

Pinkie: Sir Topham Hatt to you!

Trixie looked hurt. 

Trixie: Your worthy Sir Topham Hatt thinks I need to learn. He is mistaken. We diesels don't need to learn. We know everything. We come to a yard and improve it. We are revolutionary. 

Pinkie: Oh. If you're reva... reva-thing-um-mee, perhaps you could arrange my cars, while I shunt Gordon's Coaches. 

Trixie, who was delighted to show off, purred away. 

When Pinkie Pie returned, Trixie was trying to move some cars in a siding. They were old, and empty, they've been not touched in a long time. Trixie found them hard to move. Pull, Push! Backwards, Forwards! 

Cars: (Groaning) Ohh... Oh! We can't, we won't!

Pinkie watched with interest. Trixie lost patience.

Trixie: (Roaring) RRRRGH! 

Then, Trixie gave a great heave. The cars jerked forward. 

Cars: (Screaming) OOOOOH! We can't, we won't!

Some of their brakes snapped, and the gear jammed in the sleepers. 

Trixie: RRRRGH! 

Pinkie: (chuckling) Ho-Ho, Ho!

Trixie recovered, and tried to push the cars back, but they wouldn't move.

Pinkie Pie ran up quietly aside her.

Pinkie: Thank You for arranging these, Trixie.

Trixie: Don't you want this lot?

Pinkie: No thank you.

Trixie: (gulps) Am I taking all this trouble? Why didn't you tell me?

Pinkie: You never asked me, silly. Besides, you were having such fun being re- whatever it was you said. Goodbye! 

Trixie: RRRRGH! 

Trixie had to help the Workmen clear the mess. She hated it. All the cars where laughing and singing at her.

Cars: (Singing) Cars are waiting in the yard, tackling them with ease'l, show the world what I can do, gaily boasts the Diesel. In and out she creeps about, like a big blue weasel, when she pulls wrong cars out, Pop goes the Diesel!(Laughing) 

Trixie: (Growling) RRRRGH!

Then Trixie scuttled away to sulk in the shed. 

To Be Continued.