Episode 24

Twilight, Thomas and Friends

Episode XXIV (24): Amy and the Blue Blur

Amy Rose recently arrived on Sodor. The Pink engine just loved Sonic and the Railway. But most of all, she loved Sonic. Here's a story how Sonic came to love Amy as she loves him.

One Day, Sonic was about to take some steel to Barrow-in-Furnace. He then heard the guard whistle, and set off. Sonic was making good time. He suddenly reached Gordon's Hill, where it was common from heavy freight trains to stop here to pin down the brakes.

Sonic: Brakes, Conductor Please!

The Conductor checked the brakes.

Conductor: The brakes are stuck!

Sonic: HELP! HELP!

Amy was resting at Wellsworth Station, when she heard...

Sonic: HELP! I can't stop!

Amy: Sonic's in trouble!

Amy charged towards the caboose, but not too fast.

She was then switched onto a different Line. Thinking fast, she overtook Sonic and quickly changed back. The conductor came forward with a Shunter's Pole to hook the chain from Amy to Sonic.

Conductor: Got it!

Amy: Brakes! Quickly! We're almost to the Bridge!

The cavalcade braked all at once, and the train came to a groaning, grinding halt... just in time!

Sonic: Woo! Great work Amy! If it wasn't for your quick thinking, I would have drifted off into the sea, and would never see you again. And I am eternally grateful.

Amy: Thank you Sonic.

The ship crossed the river, and the bridge went down, line clear.

Amy: Shall we continue together?

Sonic: Certainly, Amy!

Amy was tired after the rescue, but the engines made it to Barrow.

Later, Amy was taking on water at the sheds on the branch line when Sonic pulled alongside.

Amy: Hi Sonic.

Sonic: Hello to you too, Amy.

Voice: And well done on helping Sonic!

Amy looked around to see who the voice belonged to. She then found out it was Sir Topham Hatt.

Amy: Oh! Sir! You probably heard about my daring rescue.

Sir Topham Hatt: Indeed. You are a very clever and useful engine Amy!

Amy: Oh thank you sir!

Sir Topham Hatt: As a reward, you and sonic shall both have a new coat of paint. And Amy, I'm letting you take the Express first thing in the morning!

Amy: Thank you very much Sir!

Amy pulled the express very well the next day. Thinking about the rescue made her feel more confident in what she did, either pulling trains or just being herself. Sonic loved her because she saved his life, and helped him complete his journey safely. Amy loved Sonic a lot even after the rescue. The two are strong friends. And their relationship continues to grow. I think it will grow into full-time love. Do you?

THE END