The Deputation

Twilight, Thomas and Friends

Episode 16: Sonic and Tails: The Two new Engines

Part 2: The Deputation

Previously, On Twilight, Thomas and Friends...

Sonic and Tails arrive from America to help Sir Topham Hatt. A mean breakvan is holding a grudge against Tails, who causes him problems, until Sonic chews the van out into behaving. Then, Sonic has an accident by crashing into a signalbox. Sir Topham Hatt decides to keep Sonic and send Tails back. Tails, helps Rarity up a hill, and breaks the van. Sir Topham Hatt needs to make a decision to send an engine away...

Snow Came Early to the Island of Sodor, and it was heavier than usual. Some engines hated snow. Sonic and Tails were used to it. They were coupled back to back with a van between their tenders and snowplow at their fronts. They set to work. They puff backwards and forwards patrolling the line. Generally, the snow slipped away easily, but sometimes, they found deeper drifts. Presently, they came to a drift which was larger than most. They charged it, and were just back for another try, when...

Fluttershy: Help! HELP!

Sonic: Oh my goodness Tails, It's Fluttershy! Don't worry yourself, Shy! Wait awhile, and we'll have you out in a jiff!

Fluttershy was very grateful, but she saw all was not well. Sonic and Tails were looking glum. They told him Sir Topham Hatt was making a decision.

Tails: He'll send us away for sure!

Pinkie: It's a shame!

Rainbow Dash: A lot of nonsense over a broken signal box.  

Rarity: That spiteful breakvan, too! Good Riddance, that's what I say!

Fluttershy: Sonic and Tails were splendid in the snow. It isn't fair!

They all agreed something must be done, but none knew what. Pinkie went to talk to her friend, Percy about it.

Percy: Well Pinkie, you came to the right friend to find a solution.

Pinkie: What's your solution, Percy?

Percy: Well, one time it worked when Donald and Douglas were about to be sent away. It's called a deputation, and that's what you need to do.

He explained what it was.

Pinkie: Thank you, Percy!

She ran back to find her other friends quickly.

Pinkie: Fluttershy! Dashie! I got a solution!

Rainbow Dash: What is it, Pinkie?

Pinkie: Percy says we need a... Depot Station!

Rainbow Dash: Of Course! But the question is...

Fluttershy: What is a... Desperation?

Pinkie: It's when engines tell Sir Topham Hatt something's wrong!

Twilight: (thoughtfully) Did you say tell Sir Topham Hatt?

There was a long silence.

Rainbow Dash: I propose, that Pinkie Pie be our... Disputation.

Pinkie: Me? I can't!

Fluttershy: Rubbish, Pinkie. It's easy.

Rainbow Dash: Good, that's settled then.

Poor Pinkie wished it wasn't.

A few Moments Later...

Sir Topham Hatt: Hello, Pinkie Pie. It's good to be back.

Pinkie jumped.

Pinkie: Oh, Yes sir, yes sir, please sir!

Sir Topham Hatt: What's wrong Pinkie? You look a little nervous.

Pinkie: Please sir, they made me a... desperation to speak to you, sir. I don't like it, not one little bit.

Sir Topham Hatt pondered awhile.

Sir Topham Hatt: Do you mean a deputation, Pinkie?

Pinkie: Yes Sir, Please sir. It's Sonic and Tails, sir. They say if they are sent away, they will be scrapped, and that would be dreadful!

Sir Topham Hatt: Thank you, Pinkie. That will do.

Later, Sir Topham Hatt spoke to the engines.

Sir Topham Hatt: I had a... Deputation. I understand your feelings,  and have put all my thought to the matter. Sonic and Tails,  I heard your work in the snow was good.  I have decided to give you a new coat of paint and a permanent residence on my railway. 

Sonic: Thank You Sir! Do you really mean that? 

Sir Topham Hatt: It Means... 

But the rest of his speech was drowned in a chorus of cheers and whistles. Sonic and Tails were here to stay. 

THE END