Breakvan

Twilight, Thomas and Friends

Episode 16: Sonic and Tails: The Two New Engines

Based on "The Twin Engines" By the Rev. W. Awdry

Part 1: Breakvan

Sonic and Tails are two new engines that arrived from America to help Sir Topham Hatt. The engines were good friends, mild-mannered, good-natured, but were a little bit cocky. Sir Topham Hatt was planning to send one of the engines back home.

There was a breakvan in the yard that took a Dislike to Tails. Things always went wrong when he had to take it out. His trains were late, and he was blamed. Tails began to worry. Sonic was angry at him.

Sonic: (In Scottish Accent.) You're a muckle nuisance! It's to leave you behind, I'd be wanting.

Breakvan: You can't. I'm essential.

Sonic: Oh, are you? You're nothing but a screeching noise when all is said and done. Spite Tails, would you? TAKE THAT!

Breakvan: Ah! Ooh!

Sonic: There's more trouble coming, should you misbehave.

The van behaved better after that. Tails' trains ran to time, and he began to worry less, until one day, Sonic had an accident.

The rails were slippery, and he couldn't stop in time!

CRASH!

Sonic wasn't hurt,  but Sir Topham Hatt was most annoyed.

Sir Topham Hatt: I am disappointed, Sonic. I didn't expect such- um- clumsiness from you. I had decided to send Tails back and keep you.

Sonic: I'm sorry, sir.

Sir Topham Hatt: I should think so, too! Now, Rarity will have to do the goods work while you have your tender mended. Rarity won't like that!

Sir Topham Hatt was right. Rarity grumbled dreadfully about extra work.

Tails: Anyone would think that Sonic had his accident on purpose. I heard of an engine and some tar wagons.

Rarity: Shut Up! It's not funny!

She didn't like being reminded of her own accident.

Tails: Well, Well, Well. Surely, Rarity, it wasn't you. You didn't say!

But Rarity didn't say, and she slouched sulkily away.

Breakvan: Rarity is cross. We'll Try and make her crosser still!

Freight Cars: Hold Back! Hold Back!

Rarity tried hard, but by the time they reached Edward's Station, she was exhausted. Luckily, Tails was there.

Rarity: Help me up the hill, Please! These Freight Cars are playing tricks!

Tails: We'll show them!

Slowly, but surely, the snorting engines forced the freight cars up the hill. But Rarity was losing steam.

Rarity: I can't do it! I can't do it!

Tails: Leave it to Me!

The conductor was anxious.

Conductor: Go steady, the van is breaking!

CRACK!

The van was in pieces. No had been hurt, and soon, Edward came to clean up the mess. Sir Topham Hatt was on board.

Sir Topham Hatt: I might have known it would be Tails.

Edward: Tails was grand, sir. I heard him from my yard. Rarity was losing steam, but Tails worked hard enough for three.

Sir Topham Hatt: Two would have been enough! I want to be fair, Tails, but I don't know.  I really don't know. Hmm...

Sir Topham Hatt was making up his mind on which engine to send away, but that's another story.

To be Continued...