Applebloom's Predicament

Twilight, Thomas and Friends

Episode 17: Alfred's Adventures on Twilight's Branchline

Part 3: Applebloom's Predicament

Previously on Twilight, Thomas and Friends...

Alfred arrives on Sodor in place of Twilight Sparkle after her accident which sent her to the works. He soon makes great friends with Pinkie Pie and the Apple Sisters. The team of Alfred and Pinkie put the branch line back on schedule.

Alfred and Pinkie Pie are great friends. Sometimes, Alfred brags about his strength and although Pinkie is impressed, she doesn't like him boasting all the time.

Applebloom: Somebody left the milk behind, Sis. I bet it was Daisy. I might have to make a special journey with it.

Applejack: No sis. Tell you what, I've got some cars in the quarry, I'll take the milk today.

Applebloom: Thanks sis, I owe you one! I'll go ahead and take them where they are needed. 

When Applebloom reached the quarry, she saw the freight cars. But they were comfortable and they did not want to move.

Freight Cars: What Right does she have to poke her funnel around here? This is Applejack's Line, and everybody knows it! (whisper) Pay Applebloom back! Pay Applebloom back!

Applebloom: Come along, no nonsense.

Freight Cars: Oh, we'll give her plenty of nonsense. Let's just wait till we get to the yards. She won't know what hit her!

Applebloom thought the cars were helping. In reality, they were not. As they approached the yard, she saw a sign. "All trains must stop to Pin down brakes."

Applebloom: (blows whistle) Brakes conductor, please!

Before the conductor could check the brakes, the freight cars surged forward making Applebloom go faster.

Freight Cars: Go On! Go On!

Applebloom: HELP! HELP!

The man in charge of the next signal box got out to warn traffic with his red flag, but it was too late to switch Applebloom onto the runaway siding! Franticly trying to grip the rails, Applebloom slid into the goods yard.

Applebloom: LOOK OUT!

She shut her eyes and brace for impact.

CRASH! BAM!

The breakvan was in smithereens. Applebloom's crew managed to jump clear, but Applebloom was left stranded. Soon, Applejack, Pinkie, and Alfred helped to clean up the mess, but Applebloom was kept on her perch of freight cars. Sir Topham Hatt spoke to her.

Sir Topham Hatt: I have good news, and I have bad news, Applebloom. The good news is the accident was not your fault. The bad news is that we must now try  to run the branch line with your sister, Alfred, and Pinkie Pie. You have put us in an awkward predicament, Applebloom.

Applebloom: I'm sorry Sir.

Sir Topham Hatt could tell that by Applebloom's tone of voice that she understood the meaning of awkward predicaments.

The next day, Twilight Sparkle came back from the works, good as new. And Applebloom was sent to the works to be mended. Twilight and Alfred are great friends now. They had a lot of adventures together, and they still do today.

THE END