(24) Always There

HI PEEPS!

This is a lovely update for you lovely people 😊

Thank you for everything!

Enjoy 😊

~-~

Dean, who are you? Are you that important to me that Charlie was threatened by you?

Were you my new best friend? If Beth is your girlfriend then maybe you were really close to me. Is that the reason why Charlie lied to me? Because he doesn't want you replacing his title as my best friend?

Because knowing Charlie Langston, he'll always want to be my best friend, he wouldn't have it any other way.

I watched as cars pass by beside us and I continued on being silent. Charlie must have a reason on why he lied to me, but whatever that reason is, if he wouldn't tell me, then it would be useless.

How bad is his reason anyways? If he just told me the truth, then we wouldn't be in this mess right now; if he hadn't lied to me about the crash, then maybe there is no mess at all. But for him to risk our friendship like this for that reason, it must've been really bad.

And if it's really really bad, then loving Charlie Langston may or may not be the biggest mistake I've ever done.

After minutes of silence, Beth broke it by calling my name, "Chel?"

"Mmmhmm?" I answered her, still not taking my eyes off the bright sun.

"Are... are you alright?"

I remained silent, not wanting to lie to her by saying I am and not wanting to worry her by saying that I'm not.

"I'm stupid." She chuckled silently, "Of course you're not."

Smiling, I sat back properly and watched the road in front of us. "Is it weird that I'm not afraid of the road? Of driving?"

I heard her laugh, "You had amnesia, you forgot the terror."

"I did.." I trailed off, pausing for another awkward silence.

I faced her after some time, "Hey Beth?"

"Yeah?"

I looked down on my lap and fiddled with my fingers, "What... How..." I sighed, "How was life without me?"

"Well..." She muttered, "While you were in a coma, it was hell." She sighed, "It was hell to everyone... Especially to Charlie."

I remained silent, not wanting to cut her off rudely or anything.

"He got it the worst, Chel." She paused, "He... He wouldn't leave your side. He wouldn't even take care of himself... He was with you the whole time you were... sleeping."

I faced her and asked, "What happened to... Dean?"

She smiled sadly, "Dean.... well... he didn't go under coma, but he is still recovering." She coughed, "He was physically damaged. He couldn't walk since he got his left leg fractured. And you know what? Everything is my fault. It's mine."

"... Beth..." I muttered silently. Why is she thinking like this?

"When I heard about the accident, I wanted to kill myself." She shook her head, "I was the reason why you guys were going to my place!" She paused, "If... If something bad happened to either of you, like... dying or something. I'd kill myself."

"Beth-"

"No!" She sniffed, "My brother told me everything. On how he threatened Dean, to why and to when." She chuckled non humorously, "I apologized to Dean, he apologized to me, we're back together and it's all because of you." She faced me with a weary smile, "Thank you so much, Vanchel Ammarati. Thank you."

I smirked as I let the tears fall on my cheeks, "Stop with the drama, please." I wiped it dry with my palms and sighed, "It's exhausting!"

She laughed, "Tell me about it!"

"Hmm, where exactly is Dean right now?"

Her cheeks, no, her face went red and she smiled sheepishly at me. "In my place."