(41) Fam Dinner

3rd update and probably the last FOR THE DAY 😂

HI YO PEEPS!

Thank you, thank you, thank you if you guys have supported the SOUTH COAST BAND on Facebook! Like the page, their profile pic and comment #support

THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING GUYS, THANK YOU!

Plus, 'peeps' is quite, well, a common name. What should I call you guys? Like, a group name for my readers? Crazies? Awesome-ers? Ooh, what about CRAZEEPS? (Sorry, I suck 😅)

Enjoy 😊

~-~

"You scared the poor young man away!" Dad shouted angrily from the other side of the table.

I sighed as I dropped my chopsticks, "Look, sorry dad but-"

"Sorry won't cut it Vanchel Amarati!" Dad frowned, "You threw a pack of flour on him!"

I slumped on my seat and defended myself. "He called me by my whole name!"

"You threatened him to throw boiled eggs on him!"

I scoffed, "I was not going to do it!"

"YOU RUINED HIS BUSINESS SUIT!"

I let my arms fly around me, "He was acting like a stalker!"

"HOW?!"

I deadpanned, "He knew where I lived!"

"I TOLD HIM WHERE YOU LIVED!"

"WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!" I screamed frustratedly.

"Because we decided that you and Gabriel would be perfect for each other!"

"WE?!" I asked indecorously, and at the same time, Charlie stood up and slammed his hands on the table.

"Mr. Amarati, with all your respect, Gabriel Droli is not the perfect man for Vanchel."

I nodded furiously and cheered, "Exactly!"

Charlie stood up properly and cleared his throat, "I am."

(A/N: Alright, SCREAAAM 😍😍)

"Charlie!" Mom gasped, dad raised an eyebrow, and I want to choke this person in front of me who has been my best friend for more than a decade.

"Charlie..." I muttered, pulling his white sleeve down, "Sit down!"

"No, I'm not allowing the fact that the parents of the one I love are arranging another person to be loved by the one I love."

Wha-? Oh.

"The father of the one you love." Mom corrected Charlie, "I've been totally shipping the both of you since you were still in diapers. You have my support." She gave him a thumbs up.

"Thanks, Archel." Charlie smiled at her, then realized something, "I mean, Mrs. Amarati."

Huh?

Charlie cleared his throat and took a seat, "I am here to formally court you, the father of the person I love, to gain your trust and guidance for your daughter's hand in a relationship."

When did Charlie become so... formal?

Dad chuckled, yes, chuckled. "No need, Charlie. You're like a son to me. Of course, I'm trusting you to protect and love Vanchel."

"Hey, hello. THE PERSON YOU GUYS ARE TALKING ABOUT IS RIGHT HERE." I coughed out, "Look, this isn't the 1st century! Dad, you can't decide who I'd love."

Dad rolled his eyes, yes, rolled his eyes, "You've been crushing on the young man since you learned the word 'crush', Chel."

I felt blood flushing in my face, making me fume and scoffed, "That was before-" I stopped, making everyone give me a curious look.

"Before?" Charlie urged me to continue.

"Before..." I gulped, "Before I woke up and realized that it's not love what I was feeling for you."

Mom sighed, "And what were you feeling for him?"

I shrugged, "Admiration. I don't know."

Something flashed in Charlie's eyes, making me look down and grab the chopsticks I was once holding earlier. "Let's eat."