(33) Shortie

HI YO PEEPS!

So I accidentally published Chapter 33 -don't worry, I deleted it immediately. Sorry for putting your hopes up if you thought I updated a while ago!

Thud the reason why I wrote this chapter to clear things up.

Thank you for everything!

Enjoy 😊

~-~

"Vanch?" Charlie asked hesitantly.

We are currently staring at one another with this very suffocating awkward tension.

"Is everything alright...?"

Breath in. Breath out.

"Yeah, I'm just trying to calm my heart a little bit."

"What?" He chuckled, smiling his 'million dollars' smile.

And here I am trying to calm it down.

"Nothing." I coughed out, finally out of a daze he put me in. "Come on, let's eat."

I walked to the other side of the table and took a sit. "Oooh, the stew still smells good."

"Uh, Vanch?" He fixed the plates properly and placed Beth's stew on the center from the kitchen counter.

"Hmm?" I asked, taking a scoop of the stew and put it on my plate.

"Are we not going to discuss what we just did earlier?"

"What you did." I corrected him, "What you did to me. And no, we're not."

His eyes widened in shock, "What, why?"

"Because..." I shrugged.

"Because?"

"Because."

"That's not a reason, Vanch." He frowned.

"But that's my answer." I snapped at him, before sighing and said, "We still have something more important to talk about than that."

"But what's more important than us?"

"Don't be sappy." I gave him a blank stare, "You still owe me an explanation."