(25) Blessing In Disguise

HEY GUYS 😊 How's it going?

What? You're shocked that I updated and why? COZ I LOVE YOU GUYS!

But I also need a favor from you guys.

So, can you guys please suggest a book full of ROMANTIC ONE-SHOTS? @madcreations books are amazing, especially her "Itty Bitty Stories", and if you guys know any other books full of one-shots, please, suggest it to me. Give me a private message or comment it down here.

THANK YOU!

Enjoy 😊

~-~

"Vanch!" He smiled sadly.

My eyes widened seeing him. Him.

Dean Castro is currently resting; lying on his back with his left leg all cast up.

"So I bet you're Dean?" I asked him quietly, taking a sit on the couch in front of his bed.

"That, I am." He smiled as Beth walked towards him. She smiles happily and kissed his forehead, "How are you?"

"I'm fine, hun." Dean smiled cheekily at her, making me smile widely at what I'm seeing. Aww.

"You guys are cute together." I grinned, "Like the cutest couple ever!"

"Thanks!" He chuckled awkwardly.

"But..." I gasped, "I'M THE REASON WHY HE'S LIKE THAT RIGHT NOW!" I sulked, "I... I was the one driving... you..." I paused and faced him. "...where were you during the crash?"

Dean pursed his lips, "Besides you. I was riding shotgun."

"Oh my gosh!" I gasped, silently killing myself. How could I separate these two souls?! "Tell me, how... how did the crash happen?"

His eyes widened and I saw Beth gripping his hand tighter.

"I'm sorry," I started, "I shouldn't have asked-"

"It's alright." He smiled at her, squeezing her hand just as tight. He faced me and his smile got bigger, "Of course. You should know."

"Thank you..." I muttered, fixing my seat.

"You were singing to a song."

"What song?"

"It's uh... I... don't know."

I gasped, "What? You had mini amnesia too?!"

"Wha-? No!" He shook his head, "I simply don't know the song!"

"Oh..." I muttered, "Hmm? Do you remember the lyrics?"

He shrugged, "You were busy shouting 'Let me hear!' that you weren't looking on the road because of it."

Ah. "Let me hear by Fear And Loathing in Las Vegas."

'What?" Beth asked, raising an eyebrow as she rubbed Dean's fingers.

"It's an anime opening," I explained.

"I'm sorry Vanch," Dean muttered, making me frown at him. "What? Is anything wrong?"

"It's weird." I shrugged, "I usually don't allow people to call me Vanch since... well something. But with you, it seems as if I was the one who permitted you to call me that" I chuckled.

"You did." He nodded, "Before the accident, before we're inside the car before anything happens; we were talking."

"We were?" I asked, "I don't remember that."

She looked at me smugly, "You don't remember the past 5 months of your life."

"Oh, right." I giggled, "Either way, what were we talking about?"

His eyes widened, and his blue eyes drooped sadly. "It's not my part to tell."

"What?" I asked dumbfoundedly, "We were the ones talking with each other, right?" I laughed, "It is your part to tell. Literally."

"It isn't." He muttered before coughing awkwardly, "But it has something to do with our love life." He winked.

"I had a love life?" I asked dumbly, "Really?"

He smiled, "Yeah. But we were mostly planning to abduct Beth."

"We were!" I gasped excitedly, "Wait, did we?!"

He blinked, "We had an accident not more than an hour later."

"Oh..." I trailed off, "Right." I sighed, "Can we abduct her now?"

Their eyes widened and Dean said in a panic, "I was kidding! We were just planning about repairing my relationship with Beth!"

I sighed, "Darn it." Then I realized something, "Wait a minute... What happened with you guys?"

Beth looked down before shrugging her shoulders. "It's a long story."

"I have time."

Dean muttered, "It's a complicated and twisted one."

"Make it easy." I shrugged, "Sum it up."

Beth leaned on Dean and explained, "He was my brother's best friend, I liked him, he liked me. We got together secretly but my brother eventually caught us. He threatened Dean, Dean left me, I cried. They went somewhere for college and I stayed in my hometown. Eventually, college term was coming so I left too, went here and met you. Years later he's back, well, he followed me here, opened a daycare near yours, found me, I got angry with him, I cried, he went to you and asked for help, you guys were planning to go to my place but didn't make it because of the accident, someone called me saying he's in the hospital with you, went there, saw him, I cried, then he explained everything, I cried, learned that there were some misunderstandings, I cried and got back together with him."

"Whoaa, there was a lot of crying." I muttered then gasped, "I'm like cupid!"

"...What?" They asked dumbfoundedly.

"Like a real-life cupid!" I gasped, "You guys are back together because of the accident, and technically speaking, I caused the accident!"

"Again... what?" Beth asked, raising an eyebrow.

"This is so amazing!" I cheered, "I mean, forgive me for not watching when I was driving, but damn! IT'S LIKE A BLESSING IN DISGUISE!"

"You're weird, Vanch." Dean muttered silently.

"BUT IT'S TRUE!" I grinned, "You guys are together because of... THE ACCIDENT! Nice!"

She facepalmed, "Chel, a normal person would've to start sobbing right now."

"Wha- why?"

"Because you just learned some moments you've missed!"

"And...?"

They facepalmed, before laughing together. Looking all happy and romantic.

I smiled. They're probably thinking that the accident was a curse. But for me, looking at the bright side, it really is a blessing in disguise.