MEETING LANE SUMMER'S

Tuesday 26th January 2016

''Hi, my daughter has an appointment to see doctor Lane Summer.'' Mum informed the young man positioned behind the desk.

''Her name please?'' He says respectfully, getting his fingers ready to type in my name.

''Dawson Sage was Dawson James.'' I stated making him turn his gaze from her to me, as in sorry for not asking you.

''Yes here you are, thank you for being on time, if you go and sit down, doctor Summer's will be with you shortly.'' He offered in reply.

We wait five minutes before a lady announced my name. I stood up first, my palm sweating which I hate.

Walking up to the lady in waiting. Her skin a perfect honey tone making her amber cat eyes stand out, her caramel hair sat in a high pony. She's very beautiful and her focus was on me with a kind smile.

''Hello Dawson, my name is Lane.'' I blink in surprise that she spoke to me first and not to my mum like most would. She turned to mum who had just pushed Leo's pram up to us. Putting out her right hand to shake mums. ''Hello, you must be Amelia?''

''Yes, hello doctor,'' Mum answers lifting her arm and they shook hands.

''Lane please, and who is this fine young man?'' She burst out, tickling his little button nose.

Mum lets out a little laugh saying proudly, ''this is Leo.''

''He's very handsome, come on now let's get started.'' She chirped waving her hand to gestures us to follow her. I had butterflies fluttering in my stomach, but Lane seems really nice and that put me at ease.

This wasn't what I was expecting when I moved into the room.

The room was filled top to bottom in gold and pinks, the room is crazy, with black furniture. I'm sure my mouth was lying somewhere lost on the gold carpet.

Lane chucked at my face then confessed, ''It's a bit much I know... but who care, it's my room and I'll do what I want to do with it.'' We moved to sit down in the two black oak chairs in front of Lane's black desk. She sat down behind it.

''Okay, so today session isn't going to be that long. It's going to be all of us, and I want us all to get to know each other, so next time it will be just you and me Dawson,'' I nod, ''I start with myself and if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.''

We both nodded in understanding.

''So I've been a counsellor for four years now and I love it. I moved here to Richburg about a three years ago, I have a daughter who is six and my favourite thing to do out of work is to sleep when I have time... which isn't much,'' She beams finishing.

I didn't really know how to answer, but mum answers instead. ''Well we came here just over five months ago. I'm divorced and I've currently working in a Child's nursery/ primary school my son goes to.''

Lane smiles at my mum in a thanks for sharing, she moves her gaze to me in question. I swallowed and turned my eyes to the lap.

''You know what, I need to take Leo to get changed.'' Mum announced standing up. I turned to watch her leave in surprise. ''Traitor!'' I mouthed to her... she stuck her tongue out at me.

Turning back to Lane, I twisted my hands together. ''Erm... there's not much to know about me.''

Once we go home I told mum I was going to go out for a run. She told me the weather was going to be stay warm, as she started to keep on top of the weather.

I got changed. I picked up my headphones, putting my phone in my black armband pocket, zipping it up and got my water bottle. I shouted bye to my mum.

I decide to jog to the beach, seeing as that I've not been since I've been sick but before I go, I water my garden.

Once I reached the beach I stretched and drank some of my water. My music was blaring in my ears. Sweat was running down my back. I started to walk down to the sand, up to the water and started to walk in the water, it reacted up to my feet and slowly went back to the sea.

I was thinking about my counselling session. Lane's really quirky and down to earth. I really thought she was going to be stuck up and just ask me questions just wanted to get payed but, she listens to me.

When all of a sudden someone tap my shoulder. I squealed out loud, turning in fright and I fell backward into the water.

''Oh my god, I'm so sorry!'' I heard a guy choked out half surprised, half laughing.

After I stopped splashing about gasping, I looked up to see Colton standing in front of me, his right palm out to help pull me up.

I pushed his arm out of the way and stood up fuming, I shut my eyes. Do not hit him. I kept repeating. I open my eyes back up, checking my phone but realized it would be fine, the band is waterproof. Couldn't say the same about my headphones though.

They're broke, ''What did you do that for!'' I accused him, turning to look at him. I had to look up to see his face, not realizing how tall he was. But I didn't care.

''Woah.'' He lifted his hands up in surrender, his face shadowed in shock.

TWO chapters in one day enjoy lovelies, tell me in the comment what you liked and don't forget to vote!! :D

Question- tell me one of you all time favourite songs, down below.