HAPPY

Monday 8th of February 2016

Tyler and I are currently walking our way to school unhurriedly. We've been conversing about  everything that went on at my house last night. Students in their ugly uniforms walk the same way like a slow wave.

''What else did he have to say?'' Tyler asks, his school bag kept falling off his shoulder so he just held it by it strap. ''Bradley told me he was the one who recommended Richburg to us,'' I tell him shrugging as we reach the bars of hell.

''Wow, I've got to meet him then!'' I chuckle. ''You will Tyler, I think you'll like him. Why the excitement?''

''Because Dawson, he brought you here,'' Tyler waves his arms over his head, ''but anyway you excited for your lover boy to start school after break.''

''Yes, I can't wait. I know it will be great but it's mum's birthday on Friday and I want to do a surprise party at Tanner's Cafe. I've asked Ava and she's cool with it- can you tell Ella, I'm going to invite some of mums friends from work too.''

'That's a great idea Dawson! Of course I'll tell mom. Are you inviting Bradley?' Tyler grins, making me pleased he was on board.

''Yes, they were best friends when they were younger... I would like them to have that connection back again. Bradley gave me his phone number so I'm going to call him later tonight after I've seen Lane.''

''You know Dawson. If I didn't know you, I would think you are so much older then you are. You're so strong and you've just met your uncle... You put some much responsibility on your shoulders and you still don't let it get you down.'' I just gave a soft push of his shoulder, trying not to cry.

True as her words, Miss. Genso came to collect me and Sofia and we got put into the same spare classroom Tyler and I went in the other day. I sat at the back while Sofia sat at the front. just before she down, I notice that she's raised her skirt so high that shows off the top of her thighs. She had her strawberry blond hair down in a plait, a permanent sneer across her face, her bottom lip busted, that made her snub-nose and yellow eyes stand out.

The head teacher's told us to get any unfinished work out and finish it. I didn't have any, except to think of a feeling for Art class with Mr. Marks for tomorrow.

I was doodling on my hand putting flowers around my wrist when someone knocks onto the door telling Miss. Genso they needed a word. Miss. Genso told us to not talk to one another. I just nod getting back to what I'm doing.

''Oi, bitch- you think you're so big that you can't listen to me!'' She taunts as I just ignore her. 'I've got some great plans for you, I can't wait for you find out, maybe your gay friend with be there to watch when they happen!'' she whispers creepily. and a chill went down my spine but I just lift my head and stare at her, fed up.

''Tyler is his name, not gay ass or gay friend. I'm not a bitch, and even if I was what is it to you? What could you possible do to me?'' I see her eyes blaze in anger but I couldn't help but feed it, ''are you going to invite me to a party just to get dump and forget about me.''

I see her about to jump out of her chair when Miss. Genso came back in, ''Sofia sit down right now!'' but before she sat down she didn't look at me like she was upset about what I said. Sofia seems happy about it and that gave me the creeps.

After I got home I go straight to the fridge and get out my chicken salad, ''whoa Dawn, why the hurry?'' I jump turning to see mum sat at the table. I sit next to her, ''Miss. Genso gave the first dinner time detention today and that includes no food.'' My eyes roll backwards as I took a bite and moan.