POSITIVITY

Tuesday 9th of February 2016

Tyler comes into art class ten minute late. He been to a dentist appointment, he grins sitting next to me, but not before he pulls his tongue out at me. ''Hey Girl.'' I was still drawing out emotions in my art book but my mind was on the night before.

''Hey Tyler. I've got to tell you something.'' He raised his bushy eyebrows as in what. I lean closer to him and whisper making sure no one was earwigging. ''I told Colton that I loved him.'' Tyler lifted his head up to see if anyone was listening and screamed out, ''What!'' But not out loud and bumps me smiling.

''Did Colton say it back?'' I nod blushing as Mr. Marks began speaking.

''Right- I'm going to call you up one by one to my desk in any order while everyone else starts planning out their Art pieces.''

We agree. ''Ok, who's first?'' Mr Marks questions looking at his list. Not me! I've haven't picked one. ''Dawson, please come up,'' he smiles at me as I slowly stand in dread. The students watch me walk up to him at a snail pace, god what should tell him, think. Some of the students look relieved that they wouldn't be first.

''Sit Dawson. Right everyone get started. Please don't interrupt.'' He turns back to me as I just try to think of one bloody emotion but I wanted it to be the right one. Then one word pops into my head and even before Mr. Marks could ask I say, ''positivity.''

Mr Marks widens his brownie-green eyes at my rushed tone and before chuckling lightly. ''Ok, so why did you pick positivity Dawson.'' I gaze around the classroom seeing if anyone was listening. ''It's alright Dawson, they're not listening.''

I nod. ''Well it just came to me really. Just then but I know why. I've been going through a lot at home this whole past month. I've just been through a lot of feeling and emotions. Up until recently, I've been feeling better and I'm positive everything will turn out ok in the end. No matter what happens in the future.''

I knew Mr. Marks wasn't expecting this as he blinks up at me because I was taller than him. He clears his throat, ''thank you for sharing this to me Dawson. I just know your artwork will be fantastic.'' I couldn't help it, ''sir, do you date?''

Mr. Marks starts to go really red in the face, ''I-I don't?'' he stutters and I felt bad. ''Well maybe if you go to Tanner's café one of these days, and ask for Ava tell her I sent you.'' I stand and go sit back down before he could respond .

Tyler asked me why Mr. Marks is so red and I tell him that I chose to do the expression and feeling of passion. Tyler booms out laughing, and I see some of my peers gaze up at Tyler. Mr. Marks clears his throat and calls Tim up from English. 'You're not serious Dawson!' Tyler quiets down a little, still stunned.

''Of course not Tyler,'' I laugh at his shocked expression. ''I asked him if he dated.'' I told him seriously. Tyler pops his elbow on the desk and lays his head on his fist and asks, ''why did you ask Mr. Marks that Dawson?'' Tyler whispers curiously.

''Because I wanted to know if he was free to ask Ava out.'' He widens his eyes, realising what I was saying. ''You're trying to get your boss and teacher together?'' Tyler's holding back his laughter so badly he began to wheeze. ''Breath Tyler but yes- yes I am. They would be great together... don't you think?'' I start to brainstorm ideas  before lifting my eyes back to Tyler's brown ones.

Tyler rolls his eyes in amusement. ''Sure Dawson.'' I knew he didn't believe me but I had a strong feeling that I did the right thing, and started to think about what I wanted to do for my art work, along with going to Colton's later on.

Mandy and I were sat on the lengthy sofa, talking about her back garden when the doorbell rang. The boys are all in the kitchen, they were making the meal. I see Declan stroll to answer the door. I hear a girl's voice and turn back to Mandy just in time to see her roll her eyes in annoyance. ''What's up Mandy?''

''It's Mia, I hate her!'' I sat shocked, I knew I shouldn't be nosy but I've never seen Mandy act like this before.

'Why?'

'You'll see Dawson dear. Just try to stay clear from her, I'd hate for her to wrap you in her net. She's already has her clutches in my Declan.'' Mandy's hair moves off her shoulder as she stand.

The door to the room opens fully. Declan walks in smiling in a goofy way. A small shadow stood right behind at the steps of his heels. ''Dawson, I would like you to meet my girlfriend of three years, Mia.'' I stand as Declan shuffles out of the way.

Mia had a total baby face, her eyes a really dark brown with very tanned skin. she rushes up to me and said in a sweet voice, ''Dawson, it so good to finally met the girl who's won Colton's heart.''

''Yeah-you too Mia.'' I turn to look at Mandy as Mia lets go of me and say a nice hello to Declan's mum. ''Hi Mia, you staying long?' Mandy questioned as if we didn't just have that conversation before Mia came in. Well she is a lawyer Dawson. ''Sorry mom, I told Mia she could.'' Declan sheepishly said, rubbing the back of his head.

''Alright then.'' Mandy smile extra big.

Colton and I snuck out the house and went to the orange shed after Mia left. I was sat on his lap leaning back staring at the wooden ceiling, just thinking about what Mandy said about Mia. She was totally nice. I don't get it.

''Colton?''

''Hmm?''

''Why doesn't Mandy like Mia?'' Hearing Colton release a breath before saying, ''mom says Mia acts too nice but when something doesn't go her way, she gets upset.''

'Oh, do you like her?' I ask vaguely as Colton starts to rub my arm.

''Don't sound jealous Gem. I can't stand her.'' That made me smile and we slowly join our hands together.

...................................................

THERE IS ONLY 4 CHAPTERS LEFT 

comment and vote :D