MY FIRST DREAM MEMORY

Tuesday 2nd of February 2016

Sunday the 11th July 2010

'Mummy can I see it?' Asked my nine-year-old self sweetly, jumping up and down.

'Dawn, come here.' Mum ordered taking off her red piny from over her head, her blond curls falling in her face.

I moved over to the white island, mum picked me up and she tickled my sides. I let out a fit of giggles, 'no mummy,' I screamed laughing.

'Shh, Dawson you have to be a big girl for mummy and keep quiet, do you understand?' She whispered to me her eyes shining brightly, a smile spread across her face.

I nod my head wildly, my hair up in pigtails. I grin putting my little right finger to my mouth.

'Look,' She let go of one of her hands around me and pointed to the object on the table. I whipped my head around to see and let out a small wow. 'Mummy can I eat it?'

She laughed. 'Not yet.' I pouted as mummy laughs.The round birthday cake was enormous in size and had a green forest frosting covering the hole surface, a 3D ship on top, like off that Disney movie mum bought me with the mermaid.

'Aw but it looks so yummy!' I moaned.

'I know Dawn but whose birthday is it today?'

'Daddy's and ships are his favourite.' I responded smartly.

'Yes, so why don't you go wake him up and give him his birthday cards and then I'll bring up the cake,' Mum asks me.

'Ok.' Mum let me go and she passed me a few colourful envelopes from the table, I turn to run out of the kitchen. 'Dawson?' I stop and turned, my dress flying, 'yes mummy?'

'Don't be telling daddy about the cake okay, it a surprise,' She mockingly pointed a wooden spoon at me smiling.

I give her a wolfish grin, 'promise!'

Opening the big door handle, I creped on my tiptoes over to the big bed, my dad's light snores coming from the left side. The bedding a silky red. I let out a little giggle and quickly stopped by putting my left hand over my mouth. I climbed onto the bed and crawled over to daddy.

I poked him in his chin, 'Daddy! Daddy look get up.'

'What sweetie?' Dad lifted his eyelids and blinked to focus his teal green eyes on my face, he let out a small smile, then said, 'Oh no!'

'Daddy what's to matter?'

'Well I can hear you Dawson but I can't see you.' He moved his eyes over the whole bedroom. 'But daddy I'm right here,' I giggle putting both my small hands over his face.

He covered mine with his own and widened his eyes, 'Oh my, there you are my sweetheart.' He pulls me in for a warm hug.

I let go first and stood up, I started to bounce up and down on the warm covers. 'Daddy it's your birthday!' I stopped and picked up the cards I dropped and passed them to him.

'I know Dawson, thank you for bring all these up to me.' He sat up and leaned on his bed board and asked me where mummy was?

'I don't know.' I pursed my lip and widen my eyes to try to act innocent. Daddy laughed and opened the cards. 'Ok then.' He opened a blue one and he told me it was from his new workplace at a shipping company.'

'Which card was best?' I asked after he opened and read them all, crossing my arms trying to look intimidating. 'Yours is and always will be sweetie,' he tells me squeezing my right hand softly.