BLACK CAP

Thursday 4th February 2016

The teacher voice was drowned out taking about formula as I sat at the back corner of the room doodling on my page as the bell went. I felt like I was moving like a zombie but without the weird sounds they make because I didn't even open my mouth to speak. I didn't even tell Tyler I was coming in.

Once I realised I've been lied enough too. I told mum that I'll be going back to school, leaving her room quietly after that to go sleep. Walking through the crowded hallways, my belly began to rumble. I realise that it was dinner time and went to get some.

Gazing through the foods that were on for offer, none were appetizing in any leased but knew I needed to have something to eat so I went over to the salad bar,picking the most colourful, hoping it would brighten my mood.

I turned and scanned through the crowds picking out Tyler. He was hunched over our lunch table writing fast, earphones in his ear and went over to him.

He lifted his head and frowned but then beamed taking out his earphones, ''Dawson? I thought you wasn't coming in?'' he paused gazing at me differently, ''are you alright?''

My lips start to tremble and I bite them, and then answered after a minute, ''I don't know what to do Tyler, my life is falling apart again.'' He eyebrows crises and he quickly picks up all of his work and stuffs in into his bag in a hurry. He stands up and pulls me through the crowds of happy students all I could see was that nasty tie, dangling from their necks.

I see Abby lift her gaze to mine from the left side of the canteen and sees straightway that I'm upset and she smiles in a way, that she got my pain as we walk past into the hallway.

Tyler stops outside a classroom, looks to see if any teachers were around. The room is only used as an extra because it's real small and he pulls me into the room, shutting it as I sit down at the back away from the door. Tyler follows shutting the door and sits next to me.

''Tell me what happened.''

''Before I start I need to ask, it's been nagging at me.'' Turned my body to face his and lean my arm over the table.

''What?''

''Do you honestly think I tried to drown myself?''

''No,'' I raise my eyebrows, ''okay yes but then I thought about it and knew that you wouldn't do that to yourself.'' Nodding, I pulled my bag from my shoulder and opened it passing him the image I took last night.

''This is your mom.'' He didn't make it a question, Tyler looks up at me. ''who are these guys?''

I take a breath, ''That's my dad and his twin brother. My uncle, an uncle I didn't know I had, until last night, Tyler.''

He didn't seem shocked as he passes me the picture back. ''Look Dawson, that night that you went into the water, I phoned your mum and I was so angry, she told me about your uncle and I told her I had to tell you, but she's said she needed to tell you.'' I rub my eyes, ''she didn't want you to hate her... Are you mad at me?''

''I honestly have no clue how I feel right now Tyler. All I know is lies surround my life and I'm sick of it.'' I lay my head on top of the cold table top. Tyler rubs my shoulder, ''I know,'' he was quiet for a moment, ''I know what will help you forget.'' I turn my face in his direction, his brown eyes soft, what could possibly make me in a better mood after this. ''What?''

''A little birdy told me you have a date this Saturday- you didn't tell me but it ok, you had a lot on and you forgot right?''

I groan, smiling up to him anyway, ''how did you find out?''