BIRTHDAY SUPRISE

Friday 13th of February 2016

Waking up really refreshed with no dream memory or nightmare I grin happily standing up. It's valentine's tomorrow. I thought about it last night after I left work. 

I saw someone coming up to me, it was Sofia.

''I guess my plan didn't work.'' She stared at me with shame. I crossed my arms, ''no, it didn't.''

''Truce?''

''No.'' Sofia furrows her brow and scowled, ''you'll regret that Dawson. You were a silent freak and now you think you're so cool. I show you!''

After my shower. I hear mum starting to wake up. I go into her room to see her picking up Leo. ''Happy birthday mum.'' She chuckles turning to me. ''Thank you Dawn. I wish I was younger still.''

''Well I can't change that mum but I have a table booked at Categorized, a small family restaurant in the city for half ten this morning.'' Mum shook her head in shock. ''Really? Wow thank you Dawn you didn't need to do that.''

''I wanted to, so get dressed and we'll head down there.''

''Ok, I'll wear my new dress.'' She giggles. 

Time to put my plan into action as we buckle up in the car. ''Shoot, mum, I forgot I left your present and card at the café. Can we make a quick stop?'' Mum quickly glances over to me. ''You sure, we might be late.''

''I think we'll need to get them so you can open them at the restaurant, please mum.'' I'm really hoping she'll agree. After a moment she agrees turning into the direction of Tanner's café.

''Mum you can't just stay in the car, come on. It's a big box and might hurt my back from the weight,'' I totally forgot about how to get her to come into the café.

''But Dawson,'' I shake my head, ''no but's mum please, or we're going to be late,'' I plead.

''Fine,'' Mum laughs as we get out. I bring Leo in his car seat and walked slowly with mum next to me. She's talking about what food to get at Categorized when I opened the door, letting her pass first, ''Dawson, all the lights are...'' Mum stopped by the lights blinking on and a roar of happy birthdays rang throughout the whole room.

Everyone was stood in the middle of the room. All the tables moved on the other side of the counter. Tyler, Ella, my co-workers, Colton's family, mum's work friends and finally Bradley.

Mum gaps taking everything in. Looking up at all the decorations and she spins to face me with tears in her blue eyes. ''You tricked me!' I shrug as she laughs. She gave me a giant hug, squeezing me to death, ''Thank you Dawson!''

She moves to go over to the crowd as I put Leo on top of the table next to all the food Ava's made. ''Hey Gem.'' I smile turning my head still hearing mum's overwhelmed voice.

''Hey Colton.'' He kisses my cheek, then says hi to Leo who was staring around the room in wonder.

''I met your uncle, he looks just like you.'' I nod gazing over to mum and Bradley quietly talking, smiling at each other.

''Dawson you've done great girl.'' Tyler spoke next to me. I see Mandy and Jake behind him, ''thanks Tyler!'' I said hi to Colton's parents. ''Where's Declan?''

''He's somewhere around here,'' Jake says. Good.

''Nico can you get mum's present for me please.''

''Sure sugar.'' I go into the kitchen with Leo, putting him on the big table. ''Dawson darling you brought me Leo, I'll look after him.''

''Thank you Ava.'' I kiss his forehead and he watches Ava chop and I go back to the front.

Colton looks up grinning and mum walks up to me. She's glowing. ''I still can't believe you did this Dawson, thank you.'' I laugh, ''I guess you want your present.'' she nods like an excited child. Nico come in then with a leash in his hand. Something pulling him up to me. I pick her up.

''Mum this is Abira.'' I passed over the beautiful beagle. Mum is speechless, I knew she's always wanted a beagle and I knew Abira would be perfect for her. Abira licks mum's hand.

The door to Tanner's Café opened. I look over mum's shoulder grinning. It all happened so fast as two high pitched shots bang into the ceiling and everyone screams. 

OMG! COMMENT AND VOTE!