I HAD NEVER

Tuesday 2nd of February 2016

''I'll pick you up in an hour,'' mum informed me calmly after she shuts off the car outside the brown one floor wide clinic building. The sun began to set behind it in a rustic orange.

Leaning my head back onto the comfy passenger seat headrest, I moved my gaze down to the mini digital clock on the dashboard [4:55]. I duck my head in understanding. I took my sleek seat belt off and it retracted into the slot.

Moving my eyes over to look at mum, I see that she's trying to keep a pleasant expression on her face but she couldn't hide the crinkles raised above by her eyebrow and the strained smile she was sporting.

''Ok mum, I'll see you then,'' I quietly agreed to her as I turned and open and shut the black car door, hearing a loud clicking sound, I leaned down and waved bye. Leo was asleep in his seat.

Standing to my full height I faced the building, I walked over the sidewalk up to the siding doors. Hearing mum drive away behind me. I can't believe I snapped at mum the way I did before we left the house; it literally scares the shit out of me.

Walking up to the counter, the same guy's there from last week was sat currently typing something in the computer when I reached him. ''Hi, I'm here for my appointment,'' I began getting his attention as I put my hands into my jacket pockets.

''Oh, sorry about that...'' He looks up and smiles as he apologies, ''Dawson right?'' He eyes light up and he smiles even bigger.

''Yes.''

''You're just in time, Lane is waiting for you in her room, do you remember where it is?''

''Yes.'' Like I could forget. I wanted so badly to roll my eyes at him.

''Ok... well you can go now, don't want to be late, do you?'' He spoke to me like I was three-year-old. I raised my eyebrows and gave him a small dip of my head, turning away.

God he's starting to freak me out. Oh now I feel bad, I thought, walking up the plain corridor till I got to the door. I was a bit nervous but not that much, I took my hands out of my pockets and knocked lightly on the wooden door forgetting about him.

''Come in!'' Came muffled from behind the door.

I opened the door widely, happy to be in a room full of life and colours, needing it.

''Dawson.'' Lane focuses grinned at me from where she was sitting behind her desk, and carried on after a second, ''well come on in then and shut the door,'' she chuckles, her hair framing her face today, reacting up to her shoulders.

I walk in shutting the door as Lane stood up moving over to the two chair me and mum sat on, turning them to face each other not to close but not too far away. I was really confused by this point.

''What...?'' Tumbled out of my mouth.

''Oh this is so we can see each other clearly, I hate sitting behind that desk honestly, reminds me when I had to go to the head teacher's office when I got in trouble at school.''

I nod in understand. ''Come on then.'' I sat in the one closer to the door, she sat in the one in front of the window, she had a pink folder with my name spelled across it in pretty writing and she had a black ball pen in her hand.

She waited till we both got comfortable and spoke kindly, ''okay so in today's session I'm going to be asking you which subject you want to talk to me about ok then we'll get started on it.''

I lifted my fingers up to my hair and wrapped some behind my left ear and thought about her question. The questions can't be that bad; this is for you to get better. I didn't realize I turned my eyes to the ground and quickly looked up to Lane who had her legs crossed and had a slight smile waiting patiently for my response.