Chapter Five

"Why are you still in bed?"

I groaned and pulled the covers over my head, muffling the sound of a loud Ferg. I heard my dad chuckle. Then I felt the blankets being ripped off of me, cold air hitting my bare legs and arms. "Get up we only have 4 days to catch you up on 9 seasons before Marsha comes home and the quizzes begin!"

"It's a good thing I wear Jammies to bed, otherwise this could've become very awkward. What time is it?" I ask sitting up and rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

"I'm sorry did you say Jammies?" Ferg said with a twinkle in his eyes.

"Jammies. PJ's, Pajama's, Sleepwear... I don't judge you for your obsession with TV shows. Time?" I grumbled.

"Dude it is already 6:30! We missed a good hour and a half already because I slept in." He pouted. I looked at him wondering if he is serious. I reached over and grabbed my pillow launching it at him. He quickly dove to the side before it could hit him. Looking at me with wide shocked eyes. My dad let out a loud laugh as he walked out of the room. "You do know that even though I'm a bookworm and geek at heart, I am still an athlete with quick reflexes, right?" He smirked.

"Get out so I can shower and change." I laughed. Ferg has really grown on me in the short time I have known him.

"I'll be in the living room. You have 15 minutes before I come barging in without knocking."He said leaving my room with a mischievous look.

"You wouldn't."

"Are you sure about that Jussy?"

"But - But my dad-" I stuttered before Ferg cut me off.

"Gary doesn't scare me, you now have 14 minutes." Ferg smirked. Walking off to the living room.

I rushed to grab clothes, and took off to the bathroom across the hall. I jumped in the shower and took the worlds shortest shower. I would have preferred to warm up under the spray of water but I didn't want to chance Ferg walking in on me. Turning off the water I quickly dried myself and dressed. I grabbed my dirty clothes and tossed them into the hamper in my room, and went to the Kitchen. Dad was sitting at the table with his coffee and a paper, he smiled at me when I entered. I went to the cupboard and took out the fruit loops, then the milk from the fridge, setting them on the table. I grabbed a bowl and spoon and sat down at the table. I was pouring the cereal into the bowl when Ferg came in with a smile.

"You aren't going to offer me any breakfast Jussy?" He asked pouting.

"Nope." I grumbled digging into my cereal. Dad chuckled beside me. I looked up and smiled. "Anyone who wakes me up at the crack of dawn doesn't get to eat. New rule, right dad."

"Sorry Ferg. Looks like you are going to have to go hungry." My dad said getting up and putting his cup in the sink. "I need to head to work. Call me if you need me. Ferg take care of my baby girl." He kissed the top of my head, and walked out.

"Good thing I ate at home" He smirked.

I heard the door shut and shortly after the truck start up and head down the driveway. Ferg continued to lean against the door frame watching me. I didn't say anything, just continued to eat my fruit loops. Soon the staring started to get to me.

"What?" I asked

"Would you be upset if I invited someone over to watch the marathon with us?" He asked.

"Umm..." I was taken by surprise. I didn't know if I could handle anyone else. I mean hell I was just getting use to Ferg. I could feel all of my insecurities rushing back. I could fool one person that I was not a loser but any more than that I was sure they would figure it out and I would lose everything I had built in the past 48 hours. Ferg came over and sat beside me, he gently grabbed my chin and made me look at him. His eyes staring intensely into mine. It felt like he could see directly into my soul. After a minute he released my chin.