Chapter Thirty One

My breathing picked up, as ice fills my veins and my heart started to hammer in my chest.

"Why the hell did you even come here? You ruined everything! No one will even f*cking talk to me anymore, all because of you!" Vic snapped at me, the anger apparent in his eyes.

"I-I" I stammered, but he didn't let me finish before cutting me off.

"Because of you I have to leave! You did this to me! It's your fault!" He shouted, the rage in him building. He takes a step towards me, his hands balled into fists, anger burning in his eyes

I can't move, it feels like I am frozen to the spot, even though he continues to slowly get closer to me. My eyes start to get hazy as fear takes over my senses.

"Wow kid, I away's knew you were a douchebag. But isn't this taking it to a new level? Yelling at tiny Hobbit girls and making them cry." A vaguely familiar male voice said snarkily. I didn't even know I was crying, reaching up to my cheek, sure enough I felt the tears on my fingers.

"Back off Joe, this has nothing to do with you." Vic snapped.

"Well unfortunately for you, it does involve me. Since my brother is fond of the little Hobbit girl and all." He said smugly. I finally looked over at him slightly confused. When my eyes reached him I realized that it was Ferg's jack*ss brother.

He wasn't looking at me, keeping his eyes on Vic. His face was relaxed into a slight smirk, but his eyes were hard and his body was stiff with tension as he leaned against the wall. Vic turned to him and took a step towards him his knuckles were white with how tight his fists were. Joe shoved off the wall and narrowed his eyes, erasing the relaxed look.

"We both know that you won't be walking when I'm done, kid. Walk away." He said, his voice low and hard.

Vic took a look back at me and sneered before turning from Joe and storming off. I let out a shaky breath that I didn't realize that I was holding. Joe looked at me after Vic turned the corner. His eyes dancing with humour, and the smirk back on his face.

"Was he the one Cameron was fighting this morning?" He asked, taking off his coat, draping it over my shoulders and sitting beside me.

"No, that was Conner." I answer, pulling the coat tighter around myself.

"The pretty boy jock? What does he have against Cameron?" He asked narrowing his eye in confusion. I let out a sigh.

"Conner was being rough and Ferg kind of overreacted." I said.

"Anyone who is rough with Marsha is just suicidal."

"Conner was being rough with me, not Marsha."

"Same thing. He protects his friends." He says shrugging his shoulders dismissively. He pulled out his phone and sent a text out before putting it back in his jeans pocket. "So Little Hobbit, why was the Douche Canoe mad at you?"

"It's a long story."

"I have time."

"Not to be rude but, We aren't friends."

"So?"

"So, why would I tell you something private?"

"Because I am hot, and you secretly want to ravish my incredibly sexy body?" He says with a sly smile.

"I've seen better." I say cheekily.

"Ouch, little Hobbit. Ouch." He said, putting his hand over his heart like a drama queen. "That hurt in the feels."

"That would require that you have feelings, Joe." Ferg said, walking towards us with Marsha by his side. She rushed over and clasped my hands pulling me up and into a warm embrace.