Chapter 32

Jake draped his arm over my shoulder as we followed Ms Hall down the empty hallway. Suddenly his arm was tugged off of me. I turned to look behind me and saw Peter glaring at Jake, while Jake was just grinning back at him.

"How many times do I have to threaten your life before you understand that Kitten is off limits?" Peter practically growled at him. Meanwhile Lincoln fell into step beside me on the other side.

"Relax Petey boy, I was just showing my gratitude for getting me off the hook back there. Besides, I respect the Bro Code." He said glancing over at Lincoln before smirking at Peter. 

We turned the corner and started down another hall, I noticed Ferg, Marsha, and Joe were standing at the door to the Nurses Room. Joe looked up at us as we made our way to the door, and a goofy grin lit up his face. It wasn't hard to see that they were brothers when he grinned like that, Ferg has the exact same one.

"Well, well little Hobbit. Looks like you sided with the bad boys, instead of the jocks. I can honestly say that I did not see that coming." He said, still wearing the goofy grin.

"Shut up, Joe!" Marsha snapped, smacking the back of his head.

"What? I wasn't being mean to her, Marshmallow!" Joe said, wide eyed feigning innocence, and rubbing the back of his head.

"What did I tell you about calling me Marshmallow?" She snapped.

"Stay away from my junk, woman!" Joe said, slightly panicky as he jumped back, away from her reach. I'm not sure why but Joe was starting to grow on me. He reminded me a lot of Jake. Ms Hall opened the door and ushered us into the room. I went and sat on the bed and Lincoln followed me and sat beside me. Marsha took the spot on the other side, Ferg sat on the floor at her feet, as the rest of them pulled up chairs.

"Alright Justine, did Mr Garrow try to give you detention? Because I will tell you right now that it is bullsh!t and you are not going." Ms Hall asked standing before me with her hands resting on her hips.

"No, I'm suspended for 2 weeks." I say softly.

"What!!" She said, her shock clear on her facial expression.

"That is f*cking bullsh!t!!!!" Peter shouted.

"What the hell did you do to get suspended for 2 weeks Hobbit girl?" Joe asked curiously.

"Are you f*cking kidding me?" Jake snapped.

All of this was said at the same time. Lincoln stayed quiet but his jaw was clenched and his body was tense. I reached over and put my hand on top of his, hoping to comfort him. I hate seeing him upset. He turned his hand over and laced his fingers with mine, squeezing gently. I looked up and saw Peter practically beaming, his eyes on our hands. Good lord, he is practically a fan girl.

"You all wait here, I will be right back. While I am gone, Justine I want you to call your father and tell him everything that has happened today. Don't leave anything out." Ms Hall said before she stormed out of the room.

"Why does Mr Garrow seem like he is afraid of Ms Hall?" I asked.

"Hehe,  because he is. Georgie's dad pretty much runs the school board and is College buddies with the Superintendent. Plus her brother is a lawyer and spoils the hell out of her. She has more pull at this school than anyone else." Lincoln responded with a small smile.

"Hey, I have a question." Joe pipes up, looking right at me.

"No one cares." Marsha says rolling her eyes.

"Your obvious affection for me is overwhelming, Marshmallow." Joe smirks at her before turning back to me.

"Can I kill him?" Marsha asks turning to Ferg.