Chapter 18

Over the next month and a half things started to fall into a routine. I would split my lunch time with Ferg and Marsha's table one day, and Lincoln's table the next. Lincoln would come over on Saturday mornings and work on my jeep while I would read on the front lawn keeping him company. Peter and I had Monday movie nights after he discovered that I haven't seen very many. And Marsha, Emily, and I became close spending almost everyday together. Sundays I left for my dad. It was our bonding day. I went to every one of Conner's games and cheered until my throat hurt. Ferg and I had decided to host board game nights at my house every Wednesday. We invited everyone. Usually it ended up being Ferg, Marsha, Lincoln, Conner, Peter, and I. I noticed early on that whenever Lincoln and Conner were in the same room, it became extremely tense.

The evil trio, Trish, Alicia, and Morgan (the other blonde) never let up. Almost everyday they would glare at me. They didn't do anything physically, mainly because Emily and Marsha let it be known that they would kick the crap out of anyone who tried to hurt me. But I couldn't shake the feeling that they were just biding their time.

Right now I was in my room with Emily and Marsha, finishing up an essay for History. They were sprawled out on my bed looking at magazines.

"What are you wearing to the dance?" Marsha asked.

"I don't know. I wanted to wear a skirt, but then I really don't want to wear a skirt to the party afterwards. I may just wear jeans. Play it safe." Emily answered.

"Good call, what about you Jussy?"

"I'm not going."

"WHAT" Both girls exclaimed.

"I'm not going".

"Why"

"No one asked me, and it would be awkward to go alone."

"How is that possible?" Emily said confusion covering her face.

"She still has two weeks to get a date. I'll find out what is taking Conner so long. If he doesn't take you I am sure Tony or Jack will love to go with you. Hell even Alex would jump at the chance to take you." Marsha gushed out.

"What about Lincoln or Peter. Holy sh!t! Can you just imagine Peter at a dance?" Emily said, we all erupted in laughter at the thought. Peter is worse with crowds than I am.

It was nice that they wanted me to go, I just wasn't sure about the whole dance thing. I didn't know how to dance and I am still not great in crowds. Plus there was no way I was going to the party afterwards. After that first party I refused to go to any other one. I was invited almost every weekend to go, but I declined each time.

"Who would you want to go with?" Emily asked her eyes sparkling with mischief.

"Doesn't matter" I said my cheeks turning pink. If I had the choice it would be Lincoln. My heart picks up it's pace just thinking of him holding me close while slow dancing. We had been spending a lot of time together since school started. I really like him, but he is so out of my league it isn't even funny. I would love to go to the dance with him, but I don't want to be a pity date.

"Well who do you have a crush on?" Emily asked grinning.

"I- uh- I don't have a crush on anyone. " I said turning beet red from embarrassment.

"Liar."

"It has to be one of three. Peter, Lincoln or Conner. Personally I am team Lincoln." Emily said bluntly.

"I agree on the three, but I shipped her with Conner long ago." Marsha said grinning ear to ear.

"Good lord! You two are crazy, you know that right."