Epilogue

It has been a year since I was attacked by Kyle, Peter's dad. So much has happened. When I went back to school my friends became extremely protective of me. Not that it mattered because even Trish and her friends left me alone. Conner apologized and wanted to hang out again, I politely declined but would smile or say hi in the halls. I couldn't trust him anymore, but I could still be nice.

Lincoln and I were inseparable, we just became closer. For our 6 month anniversary he took me to the ocean and while we were there he told me that he loves me. I may have cried before tackling him to the sand. He didn't mind being attacked.

What shocked us the most is when Marsha told us that she was pregnant. Her mom kicked her out of the house but Dana took her in, now she and Ferg have a place of their own and she is due just after Christmas. Ferg is working with my dad as well as going to school for plumbing.

Lincoln and I are living in the lower mainland now, just outside of Vancouver. We have a little 1 bedroom apartment that we are sharing in New Westminster. I'm going to UFV and he is at UBC. I'm currently studying to be a teacher, Lincoln is going to be a Lawyer.

Emily is also in UBC with Lincoln, she is studying medicine. Brian has his Class 1 and is currently a long haul truck driver. When Emily is on break she joins him.

Peter, well turns out the neighbour girl worn him down, they have been dating for about 8 months. Her name is Darcy, and she is hilarious. She still wears all pink and says like constantly, but Peter teases her for it and she giggles and calls him a dork. I never would have guessed that it would be a very girly girl that would turn his head. But then again he is a romantic fangirl himself under that tough exterior.

It took dad quite awhile to get over Davids death. He and Sam had taken it pretty hard. Dana and I did our best to comfort them through the bad days. The whole town sees David as a hero. I know I certainly do. So does Ferg.

Kyle, Peter's dad, is never getting out of jail. He was sentenced to 57 years in jail with no chance of parole. Peter and Maggie disowned him and want nothing to do with him.

I had to step up the therapy sessions. I've been having really bad nightmares since I came out of the coma. Mrs H has helped me so much. I feel so comfortable with her, plus I have the added bonus of being able to talk to her whenever I need to, considering I'm dating her son. When we moved to New Westminster, she had one of her College friends take me on as a client. I rarely have the nightmares now but they do pop up from time to time. Lincoln helps by holding me until I stop trembling. Well, lets be honest he doesn't let go until the alarm rings to get up.

Today we are driving back to Bentley for the winter break. Peter is also coming to town with Darcy, and Emily and Brian will be there. . Jake isn't going to be there, he chose to stay in Halifax.

*****
"Teeny stop bouncing about, you will see them soon" Lincoln laughed.

"I can't help it, I'm so excited! Dad said that Peter and Darcy arrived last night." I squealed happily, smiling from ear to ear. Lincoln chuckled as he grasped my hand, pulling it to his mouth to kiss the back of it.

He turned down the road to my dads new house. We decided to move after the attack. We have a 2 bedroom house with a den that he turned into a small guest room. The best part is that he was  able to move the Reading Oasis to the new backyard. That is where Peter and Darcy are staying. Lincoln and I decided to stay for the first half of our break with dad and the second half with his mom.

"Why are you driving like a grandma? Go faster baby, I wanna see Peter and Darcy." I whined.

"I'll be sure to let your dad know that he didn't make the list" He snickered as he turned down my driveway.

"I'm not worried. He knows you are a dillhole and he will believe me over you." I teased.

"Ha! Don't kid yourself teeny. You know damn well that he is on my team." Lincoln responded smugly.

"That was before you took my innocence baby." I smirked.

Yeah, my dad wasn't to happy to overhear that conversation with Peter. Lincoln hid from him for a month. Dad wasn't to happy with him. We like to call that the dark era of our relationship.

"He forgives me now though." He smirks back at me.

He pulls in front of the house and I shoot out of the car before he can even turn the engine off. The front door slams open and Peter races towards me, suddenly I am engulfed in a bone crushing hug and lifted in the air being twirled.

"Peter don't hog her, you need to share" I heard Dad yell out causing Peter to chuckle. "Can't you do something about that Darcy, he keeps taking the first hug!" He grumbled.

"Sorry Gary, I'm like not getting in the way of that. Remember when Brian was like in the way last time. He was like shoved into a snow bank, I'm not risking that cold." Darcy laughed. "Besides its like the most adorable thing to see the brute show so much affection to someone besides, like me."

Peter sets me on the ground and my dad shoves him playfully out of the way before wrapping me in his warm embrace.

"Welcome home sweetie!" Dad exclaimed.

"Thanks dad." I said happily.

"Get out of my way Gary, I want to hug my best friend too!" I heard Marsha squeal. Laughing I let go of my dad and she threw herself into my open arms.

"Holy sh!t Marsha you are huge" Lincoln exclaimed behind me.

"Dude, don't anger the beast! She may rip your throat out." Ferg said fearfully. "Or start crying."

"Don't be like an a$$ Linky. She like looks beautiful."

"She may be beautiful babe, but she's still f*cking huge." Peter laughed. Darcy turned to him and smacked him on the chest. "Ouch. So f*cking violent."

"Thank you Darcy. If you and the giant ever fight, know that I will always take your side." Marsha smugly says.

"Like, that is so sweet Marsha!" Darcy says coming over and joining our hug.

"Bloody hell they just joined forces."

"We're f*cked now"

" I'm not worried. I already impregnated her, she's stuck with me now."

"Don't even f*cking think about it. Either one of you. But mostly you Lincoln!" My dad said firmly, causing all of us to laugh. "Come on, I made lunch."

"Who made lunch?" Marsha asked hotly.

"Marsha made lunch and I supervised and tasted it for her" Dad laughed.

We all shuffled into the house, heading straight for the dining room while Darcy and Peter headed to bring out the lunch. We soon heard giggling from the kitchen and Peter walked out haphazardly carrying four dishes out to the table while Darcy only carried a small one. She was beaming up at him as he smirked cheekily down at her. It was really adorable seeing the two of them together. When the food was on the table everyone dug in.

Looking around the table I saw how my little family has grown. We may not be blood but we are definitely a family. I look over at my dad and see him laughing with Darcy, he is my world. I didn't know that I could love someone so completely until I met my dad. He never gave up on me. When he finally found me he brought me to a place where I had found out what it truly meant to have a family and people who care about me.

I may live in New West right now, but Bentley will always be my home.