Chapter Fifteen

Driving home with the Peter was definitely different. Unlike Ferg and Marsha who fill the silence with an almost constant babble, he was silent. It wasn't an awkward silence either, it was peaceful. He pulled into my driveway and parked next to my jeep.

"Your Dad's home?" Giant Weasley asked looking at the jeep.

"Not yet" I replied after glancing around for his truck.

"Who's here?" He asks pointing to the jeep.

"No one, that's mine. Dad bought it for me for my 16th birthday." I said, unbuckling my seat belt and turning to him.

"If you have a car why does Ferg drive you to school?"

"I don't have my licence, plus the jeep doesn't run properly. Dad said something about a tune up and liquids being changed or flushed, I honestly wasn't paying much attention to that part." I said looking back to the grey jeep.

"Is he going to fix it for you?"

"I'm not 100% sure he knows how."

"Let me look at it" He said getting out of the car and walking over to the jeep. I hopped out of the car and joined him. "Pop the hood."

"I don't know how." I say looking down at the ground, kicking a small rock. He walked by me, on the way putting a finger under my chin and lifted it, before walking passed. He opened the door to the drivers side, oops I forgot to lock it when I checked it out when I first arrived.

"Come here Kitten" He called. I walked over and looked into the car. He had hold of a small nob thingy, okay so I don't know what it is called, and looked up to me. "Pull this right here, like this and it releases your hood" He showed me. I smiled at him as he left the jeep and went around to the front, I followed right behind him. "Under here is a little latch you just unhook it, here feel it right there- just unhook it and lift the hood up. Now you know how to pop the hood" He smiled down at me and patted my head, like I was a little kid. I rolled my eyes and swatted his hand away, making him chuckle.

Peter was bent over the engine touching things, wiggling them, and twisting things off to take a closer look. He seems to know what he is doing, or at least he is faking it like a pro. After 10 minutes of fiddling with the engine he closed the hood. He then slowly circled the jeep, running his hands along parts of it, and inspecting the tires, he then disappeared under it. Finally he came out from under it and brushed his jeans off.

"Do you have the keys handy" He asked. I reached into my backpack and took out my keys handing them over. He then started the jeep and did the whole process over again with it going. Finally he turned it off and handed me back my keys.

"Well it does need work done. I won't go into detail because I don't think you would even understand 10% of what I would say-"

"Hey-"

"Am I wrong?" He asked, looking like he was going to start laughing. I opened my mouth to argue with him, but soon closed it and shrugged. Well, he does have a point. He started chuckling and started to walk back to his car. When he was at the door he turned around to face me before getting in. "See you tomorrow Kitten" He gave me a small smile and jumped in the car and drove away.

I made my way into my house and dropped my bag off in my room before going to the kitchen to start supper. I'm in the mood for Tacos. Going to the cupboard and fridge I take out everything I will need and do my prep work so I can just cook the meat 20 minutes before dad is due home. When I am finished I wash my hands and head to my bedroom to start on my homework. After 2 hours I had finished the History worksheet and my Math homework. I stood up and stretched, reaching towards the ceiling on my tippy toes. I made my way back to the kitchen and started to cook dinner. I loved the smell of Tacos cooking. I had just finished making supper when I heard the door open.

"Justine? Are you home baby girl?" Dad called.

"In the kitchen, supper's ready" I called back. Dad came in and gave me a little one armed hug and kissed the top of my head, I smiled up at him. I dished us up and we went to the table and ate in a comfortable silence. When we were done I stood up and started to collect the dishes.

"Don't worry about that, you made dinner, I'll clean up." Dad said as he took my plate from me.

"But you worked all day"

"I think I can handle a few dishes." He headed to the sink and turned on the water.

"Fine, but if you wash, I'm drying." I said grabbing the dish towel. Dad looked over at me and smiled. The doorbell rang when we were almost done the dishes. "Can you get that and I'll finish up here?"

"Sure" I put down the towel and walked to the door, opening it I saw Mr Ferris standing before me. "Umm. Hi?" I said.

"Hello Justine, is Gary in?" He said with his slight accent. I opened the door wider for him to enter.

"Dad, it's for you." I called out, as I made my way to the kitchen. Mr Ferris following behind me. I picked up the towel again to finish up the dishes.

"Hey David" My dad greeted him warmly "Ready for the game?"

"I am, Sam said he will be here in a few minutes."

"Good, good. Justine, are you going to be okay if we take over the living room?" Dad asked.

"No problem, my English Lit teacher was an ass and gave us a a pretty big project. I'll just go start it." I said smirking at Mr Ferris as he let out a laugh.

"Cheeky" He chuckled.

I laughed as I headed to my room to start on my Eng Lit Project. It's amazing how quickly I have become comfortable here.

**********

Authors Note.

I know this is a really short filler chapter. Sorry. This chapter is for Kaylie who loves Peter:) And Stephanie who wanted to know more details about Jussy's car.

Don't forget to Vote/ Comment/ Share