Chapter 20

"What are you talking about Ferg?" I asked confused. Wasn't Conner one of his friends. 

"I don't know, he just rubs me the wrong way." He said. "He just seems a bit possessive of you. I'm not the only one that noticed it either." 

"He isn't really possessive, just kinda moody." I say defending Conner. I may not like him romantically, but he is still my friend. 

"He glares at any guy that even looks at you." He paused before continuing. "And now you are dating him."

"I'm not dating him" I said confused.

"He asked you to the dance, you accepted. That is a date."

"No, we are going as friends."

"Jussy, Conner doesn't want to be friends with you. He likes you. He asked you on a date." 

"He asked me to the dance as a date?"

"Yeah."

"And I accepted"

"Yeah" 

"Sh!t" 

"Yeah."

When I arrived home I said goodbye and trudged into the house. I can't believe I have a date with Conner. True, he is really cute with the whole boy next door look, and he has been nice to me since we met, he is also funny and smart. Any girl would be lucky to date him. But my heart wasn't really into it. I needed to talk to someone about this. I could call Emily but she said she was going out with Brian tonight. Peter, but he said he had plans. Maybe Marsha? She didn't mention any plans tonight since Ferg had to spend time with his brother and she didn't like him. 

I sent Marsha a quick text asking if she can come over for a bit. She replied back within seconds that she was on her way. Putting my phone on the charger, I went into the living room to wait. I put on Sherlock to pass the time. Ten minutes in, I hear the house phone ringing, Jumping up I answer it. 

"Hello" I say cheerfully. 

No one spoke, but I could hear breathing on the other end.

"Hello?" 

Pause 

"I know you're there" I was becoming more and more uneasy.

Pause   

"I'm hanging up" I said before hanging up the phone. That was freaking creepy. 

The door bell rang causing me to jump and let out a little screech. I walked to the door picking up an umbrella on my way, just in case. I opened it a crack, peeking out before sighing in relief and opening it wide. 

"What's with you" Marsha asked glancing at the umbrella looking amused.

"I just had a creepy breather call, literally right before you rang the bell. I almost crapped myself." I said heading back into the living room, sitting on the couch with Marsha,  putting the umbrella on the coffee table.

"What was the umbrella for" She asked, looking like she was going to laugh.

"It was my weapon." I said sheepishly.

"Were you going to protect them from the rain?" She asks laughing.

"No, I was going to wack them in the head with it." I said laughing,  Marsha double over laughing tears running down her face. 

"Are you serious?" She wheezed out.

"Unfortunately" I laughed. "And we keep this between us."

"Alright, alright." She laughed. "Sherlock, good choice. I love Benny." She said noticing what was on the TV. "So, what's up?"