Chapter 38

Lincoln: Good Morning Teeny. I can't come over this morning as planned, mom is insisting we spend time together before I go to work at 2. Family bonding time. XO

Me: That's okay. I will see you at school tomorrow:)

Lincoln: I'll pick you up in the morning. XO

Me: See you in the morning:)

I put my phone down on the night stand and fall back on my pillow. I still can't believe that I have a boyfriend. My stomach erupts with butterflies just thinking about yesterday. After Lincoln left I was bombarded with questions from my dad. When I survived that my phone blew up. Between Emily and Peter I was on it for at least 3 hours. I'm not sure who was more excited over my date and becoming Lincolns girlfriend. Peter, Emily or myself. My money is on Peter, that fan girl.

Smiling I throw off my blanket and get out of bed. Rummaging around my closet I found my comfy sweatpants and a sweat shirt that I stole from my dad. I went to the bathroom and took a quick shower before putting on my comfy outfit, seeing that it is going to be a lazy day at home. Walking into the kitchen I find my dad drinking a cup of coffee and reading the paper. He looks up when he hears me walk in and smiles at me.

"Good Morning sweetheart. There are pancakes in the oven for you, sorry no bacon today, someone ate the last of it yesterday." He said.

"Thanks dad." I say going to the oven and taking out the warm plate of pancakes. I grabbed a fork and sat at the table digging into my breakfast.

"So, when is Lincoln coming over?"

"He's not, he has to hang out with his mom today."

"Any back up plans for the day?"

" Just veg at home, Maybe head to the Reading Oasis later with my new book."

"I need to head over to Sam's we are heading out to the lake. if Ferg is home and not busy I'll send him over." Dad said, standing up he walked over to the sink and placed the mug in. Walking past me he placed a kiss on the top of my head, before leaving the room. a few seconds later I heard the front door open and shut.

After I finish my breakfast I head into the living room and watch TV for a bit. It wasn't long before the house phone started to ring. I jumped up and answered it.

"Hello?" I asked.

Silence.

"Hello?"

All I could hear was breathing on the other end.

"Listen, you need to stop calling here. This is harassment and I am going to call the cops if you call again." I spoke firmly.

A deep chuck was on the other end, as well as a soft giggle. A giggle I recognized.

"Mom?" I asked shocked. "Is that you? Why are you calling me? What do you want?" It felt like the blood in my veins turned to ice. Was she regretting letting me leave? Is she going to try to demand that I come back to live with her? I didn't want to go! I wanted to stay, this is my home.

"Why would I want anything from such a worthless disappointment? What could you possibly have that would be even worth giving. You're a filthy nobody, that no one would want." She laughed.

"Your wrong. I have people who care about me now. What do you want?" I said so quietly it was almost a whisper. My muscles all tensed up and locked on me, Ice was flowing in my veins and my breath was coming in as short gasps. "Why do you keep calling?"

"Don't question me you f*cking skank. You seem to have lost the respect that I demand. Maybe you should come back. It was a mistake sending you there, you have turned into a disrespectful little sl*t." She sneered at me.