Chapter 24

My eyes widen and my mouth falls slightly open. I froze, to say I am shocked would be an understatement. I was overwhelmed to the point where my mind went numb. I couldn't think properly. "Because every time he is around you, he is always touching you and it makes me jealous as f*cking hell!" His words are on repeat in my mind. He was jealous. Why was he jealous. I just couldn't wrap my head around the thought of him being jealous of someone, because of me. He had every girl at school practically falling over themselves to get his attention. 

"Why?" I ask confused. He is staring into my eyes with a look that can only be described as intense. I couldn't read the emotions flickering across his face. It looked like he was fighting an internal battle. I waited patiently, waiting for him to answer me. Suddenly he closed his eyes and dropped his arms from around me, to his side and stepped back. When he opened his eyes he looked guarded. 

"It's nothing Teeny, nothing at all." He said, sounding resigned. 

"Oh for f*ck sake. I can't believe you just- just- Aghhh- I can't even look at you right now!" Peter snapped before storming out of my room, making me jump. "Such a f*cking pansy" He mumble out in the hall. I stared at the door for a moment before turning back to Lincoln.

"What was that about?" I said, baffled at Peters outburst. Lincoln shrugged his shoulders, looking away. 

"We better go, breakfast is probably getting cold."  He said heading for the door. I turned and followed him to the kitchen. 

"But why do I have to talk to someone if Pete doesn't have to? It's not fair. Dad was bad to him too!" Maggie said. She was sitting at the table, with her arms crossed. Peter was leaning against the counter, a storm brewing in his eyes. Poor dad just looked perplexed. 

"I don't need a shrink Maggie."

"If I need one, so do you!"

"It isn't the same." 

"Yes it is." Maggie said. "I don't want to go alone." She whispered. My heart broke for the little girl, who is going through what I did when I was at moms. The welt on her cheek turned into a nasty bruise overnight. 

"I'll go with you." I said. Everyone turned to look at me in surprise. "If you don't mind me coming with you, that is." I said shyly. 

"You will?" Maggie said, her eyes filling with a mixture of uncertainty and hope. I gave her a small smile and nodded.

"It would probably do me some good to talk to someone who knows how to help me. Sometimes talking to just family and friends isn't enough." I said looking at dad, who looked at me with pride and a bit of sadness. Then I looked over at Peter, who was looking at the floor, before turning back to Maggie. 

"I'm scared he might get mad and hurt us for talking to people." Maggie whimpered looking at Peter. He looked up and walked over to her pulling her up into a hug. 

"He won't hurt you anymore, sweetheart. I won't let the two of you go back to that house. Even if it means taking you in myself." Dad said. "We better eat, it's going to be a long and busy day."

We all shuffled to the table and dished up. There was only 4 chairs so Peter went back to leaning on the counter. It was silent as we ate, everyone was left to their own thoughts. I was nervous about actually talking to a stranger about my past. Looking around I noticed Lincoln was texting someone, he glanced up at me and gave me a half smile, before going back to his phone when it vibrated. 

"Mom is expecting us in an hour at the office." He said putting away his phone. I looked up confused.

"Thanks Lincoln. I appreciate it." Dad said, nodding at him.