Chapter Twenty Five

What the hell was Vic doing at my house.

I started to hyperventilate when he turns to look at me. After that first week, he kept to himself and didn't come near me. I thought I was getting over him attacking me. Apparently not, because seeing him here at my house made me feel like I was drowning in my panic. Fear was bubbling to the surface and I barely noticed that Lincoln had a firm grip around my waist and was practically dragging me to the backyard. I was starting to see dark spots, and they were getting bigger and bigger. We came to an abrupt stop and Lincoln was cupping the side of my face with one hand and the other was securely wrapped around my waist holding me up.

"Teeny, you need to breath. Look at me Teeny, deep breaths." I could hear the worry in his voice, even though he tried to stay calm. "Come on teeny, you are going to pass out. Damn it, Justine, Breath!"

I looked up into his eyes and took a shaky breath in and held it for 5 seconds before releasing it. Staring into his eyes I started to think more clearly. I repeated my breathing, slowly the spots went away and my heart stopped racing. When I was finally calmed down I wrapped my arms around Lincoln and held onto him tightly. Lincoln has become my anchor. I knew I was safe with him. He wouldn't let anything happen to me. He held onto me just as tight and rested his chin on my head. I closed my eyes and just breathed deeply.

"It's okay Teeny, he can't hurt you. I won't let him." He murmured gently. "Your safe. It's okay, your safe."

I fought hard to keep my tears from spilling over. I was sick of crying all the time. I felt so weak. I hated that Vic could reduce me to a blubbering mess. I hated that he still had so much control over my fear.

After a few minutes I felt a lot calmer. I pulled back from Lincoln with a small shy smile. He slowly let me go as I took a step back.

"Still protecting me from him." I say softly. It wasn't a question, no it was more of a statement.

"I'll always protect you Teeny, no matter who it is." He replied, brushing a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

We walked over to the Reading Oasis and sat on the swing together. Lincoln wrapped his arm around my shoulder and I snuggled into his side, as he rested his cheek on the side of my head. I let out a content sigh, my heart beating rapidly but for a whole new reason. My chest felt like it was swelling to twice the normal size. I like Lincoln. He makes me feel safe, and makes my heart race just by being near him. I desperately want to be more than just his friend. I lost track of time, while we sat there.

"Teeny, I don't want to ruin the moment but, I'm freezing my nuts off out here." Lincoln said. I looked up at him and chuckled. It was cold out.

"Let's go inside." I said. I felt Lincoln tense up beside me.

"No. I'll deal with the cold." He said.

"We can hang out in my room. It's warm and has a TV." I say trying to tempt him into going inside.

"I don't know, Teeny."

"It will be fine, we can hide in my room."

"Fine, lets go" He said grabbing my hand. We make our way to the backdoor and enter the house. Lincoln maneuvers us to my bedroom quickly. Once inside he shuts the door. I turned away from him, letting go of his hand and sat on my bed, my back against the headboard. Picking up the remote, I switched on the TV, turning it to Netflix.

"What do you want to watch?" I ask him, looking up. He looks like he is having an internal battle with himself.

"Whatever you want to, Teeny." He said with a loud sigh, before sitting on the edge of my bed.