Chapter 8

Saturday morning was spent in my reading oasis, finishing up the first Harry Potter. Still in my Jammies, I might add. Did I mention that I love this book? My love for Fred and George is intense. I really want to be a Weasley, but not Percy he is kind of a douche. It's kind of funny, Bentley has become my Hogwarts. My escape from the hell I lived in before. Unlike Harry, I won't ever go back. Oh hell no! I was given a taste of acceptance and happiness here, and it hasn't even been a full week. Why the hell would I ever go back?  

I looked up when I heard footsteps approaching. Ferg was making his way towards me with a book in hand. He smiled at me when he saw me watching him. I really enjoy his company, it is comforting. He climbed the small step to the Gazebo and plopped down on the floor again. 

"Morning, mind if I join you?"

"Not at all." I say turning back to my book. Come on I have like 3 chapters left of the book, the need to finish is overwhelming. I could feel Ferg staring at me. After a page and a half it was getting a bit creepy. 

"What?" I say putting my book on my lap and looking him in the eye, giving him my full focus. 

"If I tell you something, do you promise to keep it just between us?" He asked, slowly spinning his book in his hands. 

"Is this about how you are crazy about Marsha, but don't know how to tell her because you don't want to risk your friendship with her?" I ask trying to hide my smile at the shocked expression. Seriously his eyes doubled in size and his jaw dropped. 

"I- How- I-" He stuttered. This time I couldn't hold back the smile. He took a couple deep breathes before continuing. "How did you know that? Did Marsha-" He started before I cut him off.

"No Marsha didn't tell me anything. She didn't need to, it is quite obvious. Did you know that every time you talk about her your eyes light up like it is Christmas morning? Or when the two of you were here you kept staring at her? I notice things." I said softly with a small smile. He dropped his head in both hands and groaned.

"What the hell am I going to do Jussy. I have been in love with her since the 8th grade! I can't stop thinking about her. When I wake up she is my first thought and when I go to sleep she is the last thing I think about. I keep thinking about what if's, what if she feels the same, what if she doesn't, what if it wrecks our friendship and she doesn't want to see me again. What if we do start dating but I mess it up and she leaves and breaks my heart into a million pieces. What if she gets a boyfriend." He rushed out, whispering the last what if.  

I was at a loss, I had no idea how to help him. I have never been in this situation before. I hated that I couldn't help Ferg, the kid who befriended me and took me under his wing. He was obviously hurting and it broke my heart to see him in pain. Putting my book down on the swing I went over to him and sat beside him. I was unsure if I should hug him or not. Maybe if I just reach out and rest my hand on his arm . That would be a comforting gesture without the awkwardness of hugging someone I just recently met. Sure he has become my closest friend, but still... I decided to reach out and put my hand on his shoulder. He looked up at me giving me a small smile. I awkwardly smiled back. 

"So, what should I do?" 

"I don't know."  

"No suggestions at all?" 

"You could always talk to her. Tell her how you feel."

"And if she doesn't feel the same?"

"Well, is she worth the risk?" I ask. Ferg turned to face forward, deep in thought. Suddenly his face broke out in a bright smile.

"You're right, she is worth the risk!" He said turning back to me and surprising the hell out of me by wrapping his arms around me in a bear hug. I am not going to lie, it was really awkward, the position we were in made it uncomfortable. But then again it was also nice to be appreciated.  He pulled back and picked up his book again.